World Cup 2022

We will play dirge football through the group, it’ll be hailed as professional. Probably beat Senegal or whoever it is we play the first KO round. Then go out to France in the QF in a game that’ll be similar to the Croatia and Italy losses, Southgate will focus on stifling any opposition rather than playing our own game.

His defenders will waffle on about how he’s done far more than any recent England manager, while it’s a fair thing to say with regard to people calling him shit it doesn’t make him beyond criticism imo. He’s been brilliant overall, and I think he deserves a ton of credit especially for the culture he’s created in the squad, I still think he’s too cautious especially in key games. Obviously I hope he proves me massively wrong. 

I can’t look past France or Brazil for this tournament tbh. If France turn up they’re the best squad in international football, and Brazil have been excellent for a while now. 

• Like 2

I think that’s probably spot on. I don’t think England are the best team but it’s as good a side as I’ve seen in my lifetime. I think the 5th placed in the rankings feels about right and with the players they have England should be in with a shout. But like AH said on here recently we’ll need to be braver than we were against Italy in the euros to beat sides in the latter stages

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Howay said:

Qatar aren’t the opening game anymore :lol: apparently they wanted to play in the “prime” 7pm spot, so Netherlands v Senegal is the opener. Then England v Iran, before everyone in the world breaks for food etc, while Qatar and Ecuador play, so they can come back for USA v Scotland/Wales/Ukraine. 

Qatar v Ecuador would have been some curtain raiser 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

In a shocking development, a match in Qatar in June between two teams desperate not to lose is about to finish 0-0 AET :lol:

Aussies have just done the keeper substitution power move for the pens!

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Peru & NZ for me like…. sorry @sammynb 😆

Bastard! Hope you lost money on that. :razz:

TBH I hate our current national team manager more than the currently darling of Celtic, he's a useless cunt who's only plan is to out bore the opposition.

I couldn't even be arsed to get up and watch the game and then skimmed through the replay so I didn't have to watch the dirge they call football.

Interesting that they played this game in the one of the same stadiums that were going to be too hot to play in next month!

#sportswashing #laundrywashing #scrotwashing #fuckoff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

TBH I hate our current national team manager more than the currently darling of Celtic, he's a useless cunt who's only plan is to out bore the opposition.

Could not agree more.  Wanted Oz to go through but would not have been at all concerned if they had lost and we never had to see or hear from Graham Arnold again.  

Interesting how the Oz women's (foreign) coach got pasted for the failure in the Asian cup, but not a word said about GA by ex-pros.  Not unlike the cabbage in the UK.  Stick by your mates.