World Cup 2022

13 hours ago, Andrew said:

Whats wrong with that? quicker decisions, better information for fans in the grounds.

Sounds great.

Totally agree. This should be welcomed in the same vein that goal ine technology was. I think that should have been expanded to cover all boundaries of the pitch. Do that and then dispense with VAR. 

Is it just me or are others unenthused by this year's world cup?

Between 1974 and 2006 my country didn't even qualify, but every world cup from 1978 I've looked forward to and watched as much as possible.

But this year, even with a terrible Australian team qualified, I'm struggling to give a fuck. Anyone else feel like this?

• Like 2

Aye, I’m struggling with it but I’m also more focused on the season starting and Newcastle atm. I suppose, if Ashley were still here, it’d be a welcome break from the complete misery of the season but if we’re doing well, it’s just an inconvenience.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, sammynb said:

But this year, even with a terrible Australian team qualified, I'm struggling to give a fuck. Anyone else feel like this?

They are shit aren't they?

• Like 1

Surely everyone is looking forward to the outcry over the human rights abuses in Qatar and the journalistic boycotts though. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

They are shit aren't they?

The fucking worst, they will be lucky to get a point. Arnold's tactic of hang out for a draw and win it on penalties won't work in the group stage, useless cunt he is.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sammynb said:

The fucking worst, they will be lucky to get a point. Arnold's tactic of hang out for a draw and win it on penalties won't work in the group stage, useless cunt he is.

Aussie soccer is going to shit, there's no doubt about it. I'd be blaming those that came in and promised we'd copy the Netherlands' blueprint from grassroots to the top. I would also blame those who came in and started the new national comp. Id also blame those who decided to charge a fortune for kids to participate. There is a lot wrong.

You should enjoy this one because I don't think we'll be participating in too many more going forward.

5 hours ago, Ken said:

Aussie soccer is going to shit, there's no doubt about it. I'd be blaming those that came in and promised we'd copy the Netherlands' blueprint from grassroots to the top. I would also blame those who came in and started the new national comp. Id also blame those who decided to charge a fortune for kids to participate. There is a lot wrong.

You should enjoy this one because I don't think we'll be participating in too many more going forward.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

14 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

I am sorry but your gifs that you usually do with regularity at an informal time to our Newcastle natives has no meaning on this occasion. 

I do speak of Australia's plight. And you living in Perth has no meaning to this subject given you are English and so far away from the important things here.

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He lives in NZ, Ken. 

Trust me. 

They both can be easily mistaken. They are both supposedly a part of Australia but both are reportedly pantsy states. 

Edited by Ken

1 hour ago, Ken said:

I am sorry but your gifs that you usually do with regularity at an informal time to our Newcastle natives has no meaning on this occasion. 

I do speak of Australia's plight. And you living in Perth has no meaning to this subject given you are English and so far away from the important things here.

Strewth! No need for that, sport.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ken said:

To be fair, I work different shifts so sometimes @RobinRobin's GIFs are the only thing I see when I'm having a break. :D

• Haha 3

The Scene; A Sweet Factory in Fawdon. 3a.m. 

A tired, weary and mildly sweaty HMHM trudges in to the break room, takes off his Oompa Loompa suit, slumps down in a hard plastic chair, and wearily pulls out his phone to have a look on TT. 

Everyone is asleep… there’s fuck all happening. 

Suddenly, a notification goes off. 

Its RobinRobin, posting gifs from the other side of the world, when he should be concentrating on sorting out defence cases for Bogans. 

HMHM smiles a weary smile, and trudges back to the shop floor to make more sweets for the nations children, a warm glow of fellowship keeping him going. 

“ He’s a good cunt, that RobinRobin, later, lolz!” 

• Haha 9

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

A tired, weary and mildly sweaty HMHM trudges in to the break room, takes off his Oompa Loompa suit, slumps down in a hard plastic chair, and wearily pulls out his phone to have a look on TT. 

Its RobinRobin, posting gifs from the other side of the world, when he should be concentrating on sorting out defence cases for Bogans. 

HMHM smiles a weary smile, and trudges back to the shop floor to make more sweets for the nations children, a warm glow of fellowship keeping him going. 

I have a mate used to work at Nestle at fawdon. This was about 20 years ago. He reckoned you couldn’t steal anything in terms of getting stuff off the premises but you could eat stuff in the production line. He claimed his record for a single shift was 25 Lion Bars :lol: 

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: Everything spot on apart from the 'mildly' sweaty. 'saturated' sweaty is more the case. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I have a mate used to work at Nestle at fawdon. This was about 20 years ago. He reckoned you couldn’t steal anything in terms of getting stuff off the premises but you could eat stuff in the production line. He claimed his record for a single shift was 25 Lion Bars :lol: 

I did used to work for the breweries. There was a lot more logic, as well as satisfaction, to sampling the fruits of my labours then. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I did used to work for the breweries. There was a lot more logic, as well as satisfaction, to sampling the fruits of my labours then. :lol:

Same.

The draymen always took a fair bit of satisfying which always baffled me, knowing their itinerary and length of their shift.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ken said:

13 hours ago, Ken said:

They both can be easily mistaken. They are both supposedly a part of Australia but both are reportedly pantsy states. 

In other words: 

Kkat.gif.56951e9c316b622fb5ba79ae6844d8ea.gif

• Haha 6