World Cup 2022

10 hours ago, Dougle said:

Same.

The draymen always took a fair bit of satisfying which always baffled me, knowing their itinerary and length of their shift.

If the brewery was the eastern front, we all wanted a post to Paris, (The Drayman's job). :D

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The Scene; A Sweet Factory in Fawdon. 3a.m. 

A tired, weary and mildly sweaty HMHM trudges in to the break room, takes off his Oompa Loompa suit, slumps down in a hard plastic chair, and wearily pulls out his phone to have a look on TT. 

Everyone is asleep… there’s fuck all happening. 

Suddenly, a notification goes off. 

Its RobinRobin, posting gifs from the other side of the world, when he should be concentrating on sorting out defence cases for Bogans. 

HMHM smiles a weary smile, and trudges back to the shop floor to make more sweets for the nations children, a warm glow of fellowship keeping him going. 

“ He’s a good cunt, that RobinRobin, later, lolz!” 

By the way, that post...... :lol:

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/07/2022 at 07:51, tooner said:

Really looking forward to it, first WC in 36 years for us Canucks.  All thanks to our Geordie Hero John Herdman.

Worked it out, it’s tooner!

Sorry again @aimaad22 didn’t mean to put you in with the moose fucking lumberjacks.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just over a month away now… makes me think of the great day when the WC was awarded to Qatar…wonder what happened to those who made it happen? 🤔

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/08/blatter-to-beckham-who-was-in-the-room-when-qatar-got-the-world-cup

TL:DR: mostly all dead or under investigation for corruption :lol: 

08D826C2-8B21-4EE3-84EA-3FA047D22E8B.jpeg

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

Pack of human filth. Makes you wonder how standard this sort of carry on and corruption is in the institutions of the world that aren't burdened with hosting the globe's most publicly visible sporting event.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

I see Salah and Mahrez will be part of the commentary team for beIN Sports.

I'm guessing for a lot of this board we'll be in the UK watching it on the traditional free to view channels as the WC is always on those. Bein and the yank stuff is only for dodgy PL streams when you're stuck, fuck pissing about trying to get a stream to watch Richard Keys and his daft Scottish evertonian sidekick talk shit when you can just but BBC one on. 👍

Winning it would be fun, but also bring out all the mouth breathing chest beaters.

We have a chance but can only see quarter finals tbh, Southgate (who I like) isn’t brave enough to win a tournament 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

If things go to form then it's France in the quarters, so that sounds about right.

if he can get us that far, it's a par score and he can resign as england's most successful manager since alf ramsey. not a bad achievement when you look at the criticism he gets. 

he made me care about the england football team again and he is a decent and likeable bloke. but it's probably time for a more adventurous, progressive manager. 

Best England team of my lifetime , I think they are better than Italia 90 (just). 

I can see them getting to the Finals at least and once you're there its anyone's game. Same old problem for me, refereeing quality and unconscious bias (Saka shirt pull anyone?)

Negative for me though is seeing how the England "supporters" behave - everyone already frustrated and calling for Southgates head because we're not playing like Brazil in the 90's - no one does - we are playing the style that wins competitions - no one steamrollers with open attacking play anymore. (And that's shit imo)

These are the same people who whined that Trippier was selected ahead of TAA because TAA is a great set piece taker. Or that Shaw isn't fit enough etc - to see him do more miles than any player in 2 of the last 3 competitive matches.

Edited by scoobos

59 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Best England team of my lifetime , I think they are better than Italia 90 (just). 

I can see them getting to the Finals at least and once you're there its anyone's game. Same old problem for me, refereeing quality and unconscious bias (Saka shirt pull anyone?)

Negative for me though is seeing how the England "supporters" behave - everyone already frustrated and calling for Southgates head because we're not playing like Brazil in the 90's - no one does - we are playing the style that wins competitions - no one steamrollers with open attacking play anymore. (And that's shit imo)

These are the same people who whined that Trippier was selected ahead of TAA because TAA is a great set piece taker. Or that Shaw isn't fit enough etc - to see him do more miles than any player in 2 of the last 3 competitive matches.

They're calling for his head because he picks cunts like Maguire, Shaw etc.  He has fuck all of a plan B and has about as much charisma as a rich tea biscuit.