World Cup 2022

It's weird the commentators are treating Canada-Belgium like it's Tow Law against Barcelona or something. Canada qualified well and Belgium are ancient and managed by Martinez, two major handicaps.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He might be from Consett but this Canada gaffer seems a right tit.

Also, how are Witsel and the two centre halves still playing for Belgium?!

Well he does have previous for being a tit, albeit many years ago

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1993/05/24/Teenager-released-after-hijack-prank/3907738216000/

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Well if nothing else that game proved how meaningful, oh I mean, completely and utterly fucking worthless that xG bollocks is.

I didn’t watch the match but looking at those stats I’d guess that Canada played well, had a hatful of decent chances and Belgium were lucky to get the win. Am I wrong?

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

I didn’t watch the match but looking at those stats I’d guess that Canada played well, had a hatful of decent chances and Belgium were lucky to get the win. Am I wrong?

The evidence of my eyes was that Canada could have played until Christmas and still not scored.

on other matters I think Kane should be a hero and play through the pain of his ankle, he can then have a nice few months off to recover.

I'm sure Spurs won't mind, it's for the greater good.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

The evidence of my eyes was that Canada could have played until Christmas and still not scored.

But using your eyes could you see that they had several decent chances to score?

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But using your eyes could you see that they had several decent chances to score?

I could see they were never going to, wrong option passes/passes too late = chances not created that a better decision would have created, chances they did create skied, zero composure or 0.00 xC if you prefer.

Better team, played well, but nothing up front in terms of cutting edge.

My xGf (gut feel) was they were fucked as soon as they missed the pen.

Is that lineup confirmed? If so then I hope they get hammered. They have two of the in form PL midfielders in Joelinton and Bruno but start with the limited Casemiro and Paqueta who has done absolutely fuck all since joining West Ham. Are they managed by Southgatinho?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

I could see they were never going to, wrong option passes/passes too late = chances not created that a better decision would have created, chances they did create skied, zero composure or 0.00 xC if you prefer.

Better team, played well, but nothing up front in terms of cutting edge.

My xGf (gut feel) was they were fucked as soon as they missed the pen.

No, but seriously; What do you think xG is trying to show? Like if you were objectively explaining xG's function, it's intended purpose, what would you say? Because, despite hours and hours, pages and pages, I don't think you know what it is. 

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Is that lineup confirmed? If so then I hope they get hammered. They have two of the in form PL midfielders in Joelinton and Bruno but start with the limited Casemiro and Paqueta who has done absolutely fuck all since joining West Ham. Are they managed by Southgatinho?

can see a mitrovic hat trick today and the serbian cementing his place among the greatest strikers ever to play in the premier league.

@Ayatollah Hermione   ;)

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No, but seriously; What do you think xG is trying to show? Like if you were objectively explaining xG's function, it's intended purpose, what would you say? Because, despite hours and hours, pages and pages, I don't think you know what it is. 

Is it expected goals? Just guessing going off the letters 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Is it expected goals? Just guessing going off the letters 

This shit right here is why you're the talk of the office canteen.

• Haha 2