World Cup 2022

Shite management from Southgate once again. Should have been trying out different players and tactics given they won the first game. A draw as a result isn't that bad,.but when you pick your supposed strongest team and they look largely insipid and toothless then it hurts the confidence. If you play your alternates you're giving players that are extra keen to make a mark a chance and if they don't take it you can then revert to your favourites who will be fresher without that knock to the confidence.

He was probably wanting to win this and rest them against Wales but that ship has now sailed.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, OTF said:

We're told here that this was an intriguing tactical battle. Horseshit, it was a dour game played in a shit world cup at a slow pace.

Im obviously biased but genuinely thought it was an intriguing tactical battle. Tactically England were delightfully shite, the USA were the better team and completely deserved their 0-0 win.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Southgate happy with the resilience England showed. :lol: Fucking hell, it’s hard to know if he’s  genuinely deluded or knows he’s talking shite.

:lol: He’s such a whopper. Has players like Kane, Grealish, Foden, Saka, Sterling, Maddison (injured I know), Wilson, Rashford, Bellingham, Alexander Arnold, Trippier etc etc at his disposal goes the majority of games creating fucking no chances then pats himself on the back and earns plaudits. I’m not saying they should be hammering every side, but create something against one as average as the USA ffs :lol:

16 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Im obviously biased but genuinely thought it was an intriguing tactical battle. Tactically England were delightfully shite, the USA were the better team and completely deserved their 0-0 win.

That's not intriguing.

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: He’s such a whopper. Has players like Kane, Grealish, Foden, Saka, Sterling, Maddison (injured I know), Wilson, Rashford, Bellingham, Alexander Arnold, Trippier etc etc at his disposal goes the majority of games creating fucking no chances then pats himself on the back and earns plaudits. I’m not saying they should be hammering every side, but create something against one as average as the USA ffs :lol:

He makes Martinez look decent. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Howay said:

Bloke should have been sacked for not getting to the final in 2018, it was gifted. Then he pussies the Euro Final. You just know he played with toy cars into his teens and loved wrestling.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, OTF said:

That's not intriguing.

That's a matter of perspective man. I was fascinated by how spectacularly poor were England were and thought they were lucky to even scrape a point. 

Im always intrigued to see underdogs manage to make "favourites" look completely toothless.

I genuinely couldn't give a fuck about England so say this not out of any frustration at all but when you look at how Eddie Howe got a tune out of players who looked finished compared to his predecessor then look at some of the players Southgate has then I can't help but think my long-standing opinion that Southgate is a very limited manager, (going back to his club days) hasn't altered one jot. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Yawns GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Fuck me that was awful. 

Mount should've gone off for Henderson (who I didn't want but who put in more closing effort than anyone else and at the age of 50) and Kane for Rashford (although Wilson would've been better).

I assume they thought that after Iran, USA wouldn't trouble them too much. 

Fuckwits

Sounds like Trips is getting a pasting in the press and people want TAA in. 

If that cunt played last night we get beat. Simple as that. 

If Trips played for one of the 'top 6' sides they wouldn't have said a thing about Trippier. 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If Trips played for one of the 'top 6' sides they wouldn't have said a thing about Trippier. 

Plenty had worse games 

58 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Tbh I'll be happy enough if he doesn't play. Keeping our players safe is much more important to me than England.

Ideally Kane gets injured withv10 minutes to go in the final and Wilson comes on to score the winner, but as long as ours are fit to come back I don't really care

• Haha 2