World Cup 2022

8 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It’s been our own fault being too stupid to score goals 

I mean, I'm not german or owt, however if I was I'd been fucking livid at going out over a goal which the only replay showed the ball had gone out. bizarre we don't get to see the camera angle that var made the decision on.

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Spain weren’t trying to hard to score in that stoppage time like :lol: Knockout games are looking mad so far; potential for someone unfancied going deep here 

Given that they now face Morocco rather than Croatia I don’t think Spain were too disappointed.

1 hour ago, Rubicon said:

Don't think anyone is beating Spain this year. 

Watched a Copa del Ray final a few years ago with a friend who is a huge Bilbao fan - even though his team was losing, Xavi came on for one his last apperances for Barca, and he told to just watch how Xavi will never give the ball away and appreciate how hard that is etc. Watched Iniesta's final games for Barca with the same mindset - now watching Busquetes play for Spain, it's the same - disgusting talent!

I know it's only Japan, but England are lightyears away to this standard. Spain are controlling the game, whereas England allowed themselves to be dragged down to the level of the worst team in the competition. 

This aged well

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Given that they now face Morocco rather than Croatia I don’t think Spain were too disappointed.

It’s the perfect result for them. Shame as we had enough chances to better their result against Costa Rica

16 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I mean, I'm not german or owt, however if I was I'd been fucking livid at going out over a goal which the only replay showed the ball had gone out. bizarre we don't get to see the camera angle that var made the decision on.

We went out because we let Japan get back into the game when we should have been 2 or 3 up. We also didn’t take our chances.

I haven’t seen the VAR decision but I am not bothered by it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

This aged well

😀 

Still don't think England would stand a chance against Spain, or maybe even Japan on that showing. Many big teams struggle against 'lesser sides', but still actually control the ball/game and are offensive. 

England played against level worst team in this World Cup quality wise (Actually, the worst as Qatar are here as hosts.) and allowed themselves to be dragged into a League 1 bunfight. First half was dross against Wales. Quality came through as Wales have a League 1 goalkeeper, but even then we never dominated the game or even attempted to score after Rashford's FK. Ward saves Rashford FK, or it hits the wall, and that game is Algeria 2010 all over again.

When Wilson came on, he barely got on the ball. England played no football even at 3-0 up. Last half hour was like watching League 1, which is the level of majority of Wales players. 

From this World Cup I've had the least enjoyment watching England, or even thinking about them. Watching Canada pile forward against Croatia then lose was more enjoyable than even the thought of Jordan Henderson even being in Qatar! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

She’s even painted her bollocks. 

Video out there somewhere with the Brazlian Alan Partridge asking camera crew to zoom in to see 'painting in detail'. 

Lad with the camera does the lords work, and shows a Brazlian TV show the full arsehole!  

Closest we'd get is Matt Baker on One Show showing off the henna tattoos Pickford's chav has got drawn on her.   

11 hours ago, Rubicon said:

😀

Still don't think England would stand a chance against Spain, or maybe even Japan on that showing. Many big teams struggle against 'lesser sides', but still actually control the ball/game and are offensive. 

England played against level worst team in this World Cup quality wise (Actually, the worst as Qatar are here as hosts.) and allowed themselves to be dragged into a League 1 bunfight. First half was dross against Wales. Quality came through as Wales have a League 1 goalkeeper, but even then we never dominated the game or even attempted to score after Rashford's FK. Ward saves Rashford FK, or it hits the wall, and that game is Algeria 2010 all over again.

When Wilson came on, he barely got on the ball. England played no football even at 3-0 up. Last half hour was like watching League 1, which is the level of majority of Wales players. 

From this World Cup I've had the least enjoyment watching England, or even thinking about them. Watching Canada pile forward against Croatia then lose was more enjoyable than even the thought of Jordan Henderson even being in Qatar! 

All academic for me because I don't see England beating France. 

I know J69 made comment about Tunisia beating the French but let's face it, it was FAR from their strongest line up. The thought of Mbappe going against ANY of our RBs (including Tripps) and Dembele against Shaw is terrifying. The final has echoes of France '98 all over it for me.