World Cup 2022

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

All academic for me because I don't see England beating France. 

I know J69 made comment about Tunisia beating the French but let's face it, it was FAR from their strongest line up. The thought of Mbappe going against ANY of our RBs (including Tripps) and Dembele against Shaw is terrifying. The final has echoes of France '98 all over it for me. 

england might not get past senegal.

25/4 is very tempting I reckon.  :)

• Like 1

I know we've still 2 groups to complete plus the round of 16 but just for shits and giggles, what's your predictions for the QFs onwards? Mine:

QFs
Netherlands v Argentina
Croatia v Brazil
England v France

Spain v Portugal

SFs
Argentina v Brazil

France v Portugal

3rd/4th

Argentina v Portugal

Final

Brazil v France

I reckon Bruno is coming home with a winners medal.

51 minutes ago, Craig said:

I know we've still 2 groups to complete plus the round of 16 but just for shits and giggles, what's your predictions for the QFs onwards? Mine:

QFs
Netherlands v Argentina
Croatia v Brazil
England v France

Spain v Portugal

SFs
Argentina v Brazil

France v Portugal

3rd/4th

Argentina v Portugal

Final

Brazil v France

I reckon Bruno is coming home with a winners medal.

you've pretty much gone with the favourites but i can see there being an upset. i wouldn't be surprised if one of the african teams made it through to the QFs

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you've pretty much gone with the favourites but i can see there being an upset. i wouldn't be surprised if one of the african teams made it through to the QFs

canny article on bbc news about ghana's wish for revenge against uraguay since the suarez handball in 2010. hope they get it.

3 african teams in the last 16 and you'd fancy 1 will make it through, the gap between the so called big teams and the lesser nations is certainly shrinking. been some cracking 'upsets' this world cup up to now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

i've never seen that clip before, i almost pmsl, gets funnier the longer you watch it

Robert used to occasionally try and blast the ball at opponents when the whistle had gone. Pretending he thought it was still in play. He tried it with Lauren v Arsenal once. Who wasn’t too happy about it. As on this occasion, he would sometimes miss :D 

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yup. look how we struggled against the yanks. can see it being another edgy game

Southgate will have them playing the tippy tappy back and forwards across the defence/back to the keeper which is boring as fuck to watch and will result in the sack come Jan......Just go for it and attack attack attack.....get into them and fuck them up😏

You could see that coming a mile off. I’m an advocate of just blasting it on target if you’re shitting it like. Can also see at least a couple of red cards