World Cup 2022

23 minutes ago, NJS said:

I don't know how any opponent lasts a game without lamping Suarez and Nunez is his younger clone. 

think the thing is with suarez is you'd always have to have in the back of your mind that once you started lamping him it would be very, very difficult to stop

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Craig said:

All academic for me because I don't see England beating France. 

I know J69 made comment about Tunisia beating the French but let's face it, it was FAR from their strongest line up. The thought of Mbappe going against ANY of our RBs (including Tripps) and Dembele against Shaw is terrifying. The final has echoes of France '98 all over it for me. 

Argentina 2002, Germany 2021 - those are the only two games where England have beaten a 'bigger side' in my lifetime. Germany may be out, but Musiala would destroy Henderson/Rice on the day. Even that journeyman Fullkrug would bully Maguire.

Said before, but there are about 12 teams I wouldn't bet England to beat in a knockout stage - fortunately, Senegal aren't one of them.

Wouldn't read anything into France losing to Tunisia, but yeah thought of a player like Mbappe playing against England is worrying. You'd be confident that Walker/Trippier would be able to match Mbappe at club level - in CL for City/Athleti for example, but for England it's worrying.

56 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Argentina 2002, Germany 2021 - those are the only two games where England have beaten a 'bigger side' in my lifetime. Germany may be out, but Musiala would destroy Henderson/Rice on the day. Even that journeyman Fullkrug would bully Maguire.

Said before, but there are about 12 teams I wouldn't bet England to beat in a knockout stage - fortunately, Senegal aren't one of them.

Wouldn't read anything into France losing to Tunisia, but yeah thought of a player like Mbappe playing against England is worrying. You'd be confident that Walker/Trippier would be able to match Mbappe at club level - in CL for City/Athleti for example, but for England it's worrying.

Any thoughts on the xG?

• Haha 2

Tell you what I'm convinced Ghana are more bothered at this stage about eliminating Uruguay than advancing themselves. Pure redemption for 2010 :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3