World Cup 2022

Just now, Rubicon said:

Would be happy if we brought plenty of those Uruguayan players January, even Cavani. 

Lay of the spice, man :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

Lay of the spice, man :lol:

It's not an outrageous take at all! Wasn't ever saying we should buy the entire team!

Not saying that many should be starting, but happily have Varela as back up to Tripps over Krath/Maquillo for example. You can't say that Bentancur, Gimenez wouldn't be upgrades on Schar and Willock. Darwin Nunez competing with Almiron. I know I'd like a midfield of Valverde-Bruno-Bentancur. 

For a side that's finished bottom of their group, they have a disgusting level of talent.  

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's not 12 teams better than England in this tournament btw :lol: 

Never said that there was 12 teams better than England, just think that there are at least 12 teams that I wouldn't be confident England beating.

Germany have gone out, but nobody could be so sure that we'd actually beat them. 

Denmark, Serbia, Uruguay - all gone out, but I'd never be confident that England could beat those sides in knockouts. England/Harry Kane couldn't score until 105 minutes against Denmark last year - why is it crazy to think that a teams like Serbia and Uruguay could beat England.

Not so long ago Hungary thumped England 4-0... Fail to break down USA, and really labour a 3-0 win against Wales. 

Brazil with nothing to lose and Bruno still can’t get a start. Big Joe can’t even make the squad. That’s why they won’t win the WC.

Tite can suck my dicke.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Never said that there was 12 teams better than England, just think that there are at least 12 teams that I wouldn't be confident England beating.

Germany have gone out, but nobody could be so sure that we'd actually beat them. 

Denmark, Serbia, Uruguay - all gone out, but I'd never be confident that England could beat those sides in knockouts. England/Harry Kane couldn't score until 105 minutes against Denmark last year - why is it crazy to think that a teams like Serbia and Uruguay could beat England.

Not so long ago Hungary thumped England 4-0... Fail to break down USA, and really labour a 3-0 win against Wales. 

I mean, anyone can beat anyone by that logic. 

Rafa was mental/stubborn bastard to get rid of Mitro. Even half season he had at Fulham he was scoring. We ended up with Joselu. 

Every goal is one touch inside width of goal. All Mitro does is put the ball in the net. Sounds simple, but how many other players have that talent?  

You don't score 50 odd goals for your country playing in EUFA for nothing.... 43 in 44 in the Championship for Fulham is mental.

Edited by Rubicon

3 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Rafa was mental/stubborn bastard to get rid of Mitro. Even half season he had at Fulham he was scoring. We ended up with Joselu. 

Every goal is one touch inside width of goal. All Mitro does is put the ball in the net. Sounds simple, but how many other players have that talent?  

You don't score 50 odd goals for your country playing in EUFA for nothing.... 43 in 44 in the Championship for Fulham.

He scored in the Championship. It’s only at the third time of asking that he’s now scoring the PL.

We got at least £22m for him which is good money for someone who was going to take four years to begin scoring PL goals.

• Like 1