World Cup 2022

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Quality stuff, this. The minute-by-minute in the main Serbian tabloid is basically a hate campaign against Xhaka and Shaqiri. :lol: 

Is Serbo-Croat one of yours or are you using 60/40 knowledge/intuition there? :D

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

He scored in the Championship. It’s only at the third time of asking that he’s now scoring the PL.

We got at least £22m for him which is good money for someone who was going to take four years to begin scoring PL goals.

Is that £22M taking into account whatever we had to pay Joselu, Slimani, Muto, Carroll... 

Regarding third time of asking - Fulham teams of past have been a mess. Silva has them actually organised to play, and has actually understands all Mitro is good for is poaching goals. 40 odd goals in Championship, Dwight Gayle never got that did he? If he scores 12+ in the PL, Fulham stay up. 

He's no R9, he's crap at actually playing football, but he has a natural instinct at kicking/heading a football into a goal.

How much would 2002 Ruud van Nistelrooy cost in 2022? If Mitro played in Holland, he'd score 30+ and be worth £80M.

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Mad when you consider Spain won a match 7-0. 

Only England, Netherlands & Morocco finished on 7 points.

1 minute ago, Rubicon said:

How much would 2002 Ruud van Nistelrooy cost in 2022? If Mitro played in Holland, he'd score 30+ and be worth £80M.

If my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle. 

Mitrovic wasn't doing anything for us at the time. It was right for him to be moved on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Is that £22M taking into account whatever we had to pay Joselu, Slimani, Muto, Carroll... 

Regarding third time of asking - Fulham teams of past have been a mess. Silva has them actually organised to play, and has actually understands all Mitro is good for is poaching goals. 40 odd goals in Championship, Dwight Gayle never got that did he? If he scores 12+ in the PL, Fulham stay up. 

He's no R9, he's crap at actually playing football, but he has a natural instinct at kicking/heading a football into a goal.

In our circumstances Rafa made the right call. That team couldn't carry someone like Mitro. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Cavani being a petulant cunt. 

Is that Suarez still crying on 35 seconds......love how all the officals just stand around it but dont bother to pick it up ,just wait for a dogsbody to move it instead

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Cavani being a petulant cunt. 

At least that shows he gives a toss. Far from petulance.

Can't wait for Harry Kane's 20 minute apology interview with Jermaine Jenas though... 

Edited by Rubicon

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

That’s the definition of petulance man. :lol:

Then so be it - I think Cavani has earned the right to be 'petulant'. Lets see Henderson/Pickford/Kane/Maguire/Walker show an ounce of emotion when we lose. Just 5/10 vanilla media trained drivlle. 

The whole nation just wants to denigrate any showing of emotion, whilst at the same time promote hugging their mate who's feeling down in the dumps.  

Gazza balled his eyes out, Suarez balled his eyes out. Gazza and Suarez can be matched on generational talent as well as shithousery. 

6 hours ago, Rubicon said:

Then so be it - I think Cavani has earned the right to be 'petulant'. Lets see Henderson/Pickford/Kane/Maguire/Walker show an ounce of emotion when we lose. Just 5/10 vanilla media trained drivlle. 

The whole nation just wants to denigrate any showing of emotion, whilst at the same time promote hugging their mate who's feeling down in the dumps.  

Gazza balled his eyes out, Suarez balled his eyes out. Gazza and Suarez can be matched on generational talent as well as shithousery. 

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

I think it's simple. Mitro is a great striker. But here he never entered into Rafa's plans.

Rafa has always played with other types of strikers.

It was useless to have a player like him in a system that didn't fit.

Throughout his career, Mitro has shown that he is a player who, if you bring balls into the area, he scores goals.

And honestly, I think it's a shame, because the guy was madly in love with the club.

PS: I also think that he penalized him a lot when it came to having more opportunities for that Bad Boy fame that he earned here in the first weeks.

• Like 2