World Cup 2022

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Shit tbh. England were the better team overall I think but ateod didn't score in open play whilst France did twice. The semis don't look very appetising, Morocco vs France, Argentina vs Croatia. Boring. 

I’d love to see Morocco beat France, if for no other reason than to see the Right Wingers in France chew their own arseholes to pieces. 

And Argentina can get fucked in every game they play as far as I’m concerned. 

It would also be nice to see a final without any of the “big” teams, now that we’re out. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d love to see Morocco beat France, if for no other reason than to see the Right Wingers in France chew their own arseholes to pieces. 

And Argentina can get fucked in every game they play as far as I’m concerned. 

It would also be nice to see a final without any of the “big” teams, now that we’re out. :lol:

Croatia it is then. I mean can you fucking imagine a team form AFRICA winning the World Cup in Guitar or wherever it is? 

Edited by Renton

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

We got TWO pelenties there mate, you wanted THREE penalties? 

I wanted the clear penalties that were committed against us to be given, so aye, three, at least :lol:

Anyway, did well well enough and none of our lads (Wilson, Trips, Bruno, Schar, Pope and Bellingham)  are coming home fucked 👍

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I reckon the Croatian camp has just become a lot happier, like. They could do a job on Argentina and Morocco will do France if they play like that 

I only saw the second half of the Morocco Portugal game but it looked like Portugal battered them a bit? If Morocco or Croatia win this football is broken. 

Just now, Renton said:

I only saw the second half of the Morocco Portugal game but it looked like Portugal battered them a bit? If Morocco or Croatia win this football is broken. 

Portugal had a lot of the ball but did the keeper have much of a save to make outside of that Fernandes/Felix strike? I do think the semis will be too much for them, especially with injuries piling up, general fatigue and lack of tournament experience but I thought the French were very poor for vast stretches of the game tonight. Whereas, Croatia have the know-how, the talent, the tactical structure and the nerve in extra time and pens to actually go and win it IMO

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I'm really not arsed were out 😂 yeh it would have been great to win it but meh. My emotional attachment to England football was detached years ago. 

I’m canny sad for the players and the manager as I think they seem like a good bunch. Actually like this team better than any since I was young and naive. Infinitely preferable to the ‘golden generation’. I also thought the players turned up against a side who are likely to retain their world title. Keane is spot on about the French having the nouse to find a way to win though

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

Could well end up with a final of Morocco vs Croatia, settled on penalties! :lol:

They've already played and by all accounts it was a pretty dour match at least from a Croatian perspective.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m canny sad for the players and the manager as I think they seem like a good bunch. Actually like this team better than any since I was young and naive. Infinitely preferable to the ‘golden generation’. I also thought the players turned up against a side who are likely to retain their world title. Keane is spot on about the French having the nouse to find a way to win though

Yeah, pretty much my feelings too. France will go on to win it I think, great forward line up will break down the remaining teams. England will be their hardest opponents.

• Like 2

Just now, OTF said:

Morocco could well beat France the way they're playing with effectively home town support.

This is a good point as well. This is a team that has conceded once in 9 games and those games include teams such as Croatia, Belgium, Portugal and Spain. This tournament is still anyones, I reckon 

• Like 1