World Cup 2022

Best world cup final I remember for a bit of everything. Beats Argentina v West Germany in '86. Didn't look that way at two nil. Mind, wor lass did her best to ruin it never shutting up about everything and nothing and having a debate/argument with one of our daughters about terrorism, hijabs and over celebrating the first goal. I swear she waits for the football to come on to wind me up. :lol:

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Best world cup final I remember for a bit of everything. Beats Argentina v West Germany in '86. Didn't look that way at two nil. Mind, wor lass did her best to ruin it never shutting up about everything and nothing and having a debate/argument with one of our daughters about terrorism, hijabs and over celebrating the first goal. I swear she waits for the football to come on to wind me up. :lol:

Ah, that’s where my wife went to. You’re welcome to her watching football together.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Sonatine said:

Can you imagine the strop both of them will have had with Argentina and Messi winning. This picture is probably downplaying the reality.

Interesting analysis on not just how many players from each PL club went to the WC, but more importantly what the aggregate minutes played were. 

Us and Liverpool look to be the main "beneficiaries". This plus the other teams' continued involvement in mid week European matches will hopefully be enough for us to stick around in the top 4. Also a good Jan window for us would be nice. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

And of those games, how many were competitive, how many were knock out, and how many were penalty shoot-out losses?

Sounds to me like someone's made up their mind first, then tried to find a stat to support that argument.

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

And of those games, how many were competitive, how many were knock out, and how many were penalty shoot-out losses?

Sounds to me like someone's made up their mind first, then tried to find a stat to support that argument.

Who would do that?  Surely not.

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Fucking cunts Argentina and France. I just needed 1 of them to win in normal time and I was winning £30 now I’ve lost £2

My mate had money on it ending 3-3 and Messi being the first scorer. Had it happened in normal time he was walking away with £2500!

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20221218_193158_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.4613eeacc9451ebe2ccf5b87b3b71e71.jpg

An outstanding performance and undoubtedly the crowning achievement of his career and this is what he'll be remembered for. :lol: 

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Thank the fucking lord this nationalistic wankfest is over.

What a pile of shite.

Well done Messi.

Fuck off Ronaldo.

What a fucking minging break in the real football world that was.

I dunno like, was quite a nice break watching football without having to get stressed about it because you're detached from the teams. Just enjoy it for what it is.  I would have preferred les bleus yesterday but really, natch, not arsed. But now I am already slightly nervous over tomorrow ffs. 

• Like 1

Obviously being an absolute cunt is a pre-requisite for the role of FIFA president. Infantino wants to hold the World Cup on a 3-year cycle and continue to hold them mid-season. 

He's also got some explaining to do as he allowed strict FIFA protocol to be broken. The only people allowed to touch the World Cup are winners, past-winners and heads of state. Yet he allowed that steakhouse dickhead mate of his onto the pitch and hold the trophy.

• Jaysus... 1

16 minutes ago, Craig said:

Obviously being an absolute cunt is a pre-requisite for the role of FIFA president. Infantino wants to hold the World Cup on a 3-year cycle and continue to hold them mid-season. 

He's also got some explaining to do as he allowed strict FIFA protocol to be broken. The only people allowed to touch the World Cup are winners, past-winners and heads of state. Yet he allowed that steakhouse dickhead mate of his onto the pitch and hold the trophy.

It's the way of the world at the moment. You get rid of one monumental cunt, only for them to be replaced by an even more monumental cunt. How the fuck did FIFA ever get to manage international football I don't know. They can't even keep their video game franchise happy.

• Like 1