World Cup 2022

He became internet-famous for sprinkling salt on steak and real-life "famous" for selling said steak for ludicrous amounts at his restaurant. For a while he also flogged a gold leaf-coated steak that went for about a grand. The perfect face for a Qatar World Cup really.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

He became internet-famous for sprinkling salt on steak and real-life "famous" for selling said steak for ludicrous amounts at his restaurant. For a while he also flogged a gold leaf-coated steak that went for about a grand. The perfect face for a Qatar World Cup really.

Like this, you mean? What an absolute cock!

• Jaysus... 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What is this dinner-making spiv doing on the pitch man? :lol: Never mind interfering with players who've just won the actual World Cup. What a cunt. 

If it was any of us there'd be some whopper MP from Torycuntswolds demanding immediate action to see us questioned by the police. 

• Like 1

About the FIFA World Cup™ Trophy

Its current design dates back to 1974. As one of the most recognised sports symbols in the world and a priceless icon, the original FIFA World Cup™ Trophy can only be touched and held by a very select group of people, which includes former winners of the FIFA World Cup™ and heads of state. Because regulations state that the original trophy must remain in FIFA’s possession and cannot be won outright, the team winning the FIFA World Cup™ retains the authentic trophy temporarily and is then permanently awarded the tournament edition trophy, the FIFA World Cup™ Winner’s Trophy (which is gold-plated, rather than solid gold, and engraved with the year, host country and winners of the respective event).

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/articles/fifa-world-cup-tm-trophy-tour-by-coca-cola-kicks-off-global-journey-in-dubai

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

About the FIFA World Cup™ Trophy

Its current design dates back to 1974. As one of the most recognised sports symbols in the world and a priceless icon, the original FIFA World Cup™ Trophy can only be touched and held by a very select group of people, which includes former winners of the FIFA World Cup™ and heads of state. Because regulations state that the original trophy must remain in FIFA’s possession and cannot be won outright, the team winning the FIFA World Cup™ retains the authentic trophy temporarily and is then permanently awarded the tournament edition trophy, the FIFA World Cup™ Winner’s Trophy (which is gold-plated, rather than solid gold, and engraved with the year, host country and winners of the respective event).

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/articles/fifa-world-cup-tm-trophy-tour-by-coca-cola-kicks-off-global-journey-in-dubai

The tight bastards 

• Like 1

I quite like him, he’s usually been on the fans’ side re: NUFC. I do think that article seems to ignore that the vast majority of people enjoy World Cups via tv and not in person like him. You either realise how privileged you are to be there in his position  or have a proper pop at the hypocrisy and corruption of it all. He doesn’t really do either. Football-wise it was fantastic. Even with a fairy tale ending 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I quite like him, he’s usually been on the fans’ side re: NUFC. I do think that article seems to ignore that the vast majority of people enjoy World Cups via tv and not in person like him. You either realise how privileged you are to be there in his position  or have a proper pop at the hypocrisy and corruption of it all. He doesn’t really do either. Football-wise it was fantastic. Even with a fairy tale ending 

That’s spot on like. I don’t think he’s a cunt tbh, he talks a lot of sense about the game in general. He is being very sniffy about the last month though. He says it wasn’t as good as 2006 or 2016, tbh I strongly disagree with that but as you say he’ll have a far different perspective than we do on it all. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

I agree with that, especially with regards to us. When the majority of the written media were suggesting we were acting like entitled cunts for wanting better than Mike Ashley and that we were ungrateful for not recognising his financial management, Winter has always said it for what it actually was - that we just wanted a team that tries.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Disagree. I think it’s been the best World Cup this century :huff: 

Been the best since Italia '90 for me. The final has been the best since 1986. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

Been the best since Italia '90 for me. The final has been the best since 1986. 

Actually I might take my original comment back, I think 2002 was great as well, Turkey & South Korea in the semis (hosts doing well is always good) and The Real Ronaldo getting his WC . Getting pissed on weekday mornings/lunchtimes watching England flatter to deceive again was good too, think it was the last time my peer group did that en masse as well, before the realities of parenthood hit us… well, some of us :lol:

My all time favourite WC us 1990 but I think there have been better tournaments football wise if that makes sense? ie I was just about to turn 21 and had just left home ;) 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1