World Cup 2022

It’s nice to see that the groups that seemed relatively predictable on paper have been slightly blown open today. Saudi Arabia winning and Mexico and Poland drawing makes that interesting and if Australia can give Tunisia and Denmark the same sort of effort, this group could be a hard one to call as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

That fair, but if there's £300 in it for the winner and a "decent amount of cash" for three runners up you'd need be paying £15-£20 a ticket which works out really shite odds for a game of Schroedinger's Envelope.

£20 per envelope. 

£300

£150

£95

£95

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I think PIF & Eddie have scared the shit out of everybody :cuppa:

It definitely feels like the Glazers can smell what the PIF's got cooking. They know that the guaranteed CL cash is gone and the club value is about to drop as a result. Might be the same for Liverpool too. 

• Like 1

Perhaps it’s the Glazers finally conceding the ESL is never going to happen. And if it does, they’re no longer top table. 

I hated Ashley being our owner but fucking hell, is there any American club ownership that’s gone well? Glazers, Hicks/Gillette, Lerner, etc.

I know they pretty much didn’t have to get out of 2nd gear but Mbappe & Dembele are terrifying. Are we likely to end up playing this lot in the QFs if we get there? Some test, that.

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It definitely feels like the Glazers can smell what the PIF's got cooking. They know that the guaranteed CL cash is gone and the club value is about to drop as a result. Might be the same for Liverpool too. 

Yeah..the owners of both  clubs can’t afford/can’t be arsed to rebuild a team that will consistently challenge for the title…am thinking that’s probably good news for us in the short term…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Craig said:

Perhaps it’s the Glazers finally conceding the ESL is never going to happen. And if it does, they’re no longer top table. 

I hated Ashley being our owner but fucking hell, is there any American club ownership that’s gone well? Glazers, Hicks/Gillette, Lerner, etc.

I thought Ellis Short’s tenure went very well indeed.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Craig said:

£20 per envelope. 

£300

£150

£95

£95

Aye thought it would be something like that. Works out at betting £20 at less than 15/1 and not even getting to know what you've bet on until after the result is in. 

That's no a sweepstake, it's roulette that pays half the price. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Could as easily be a documentary about Ireland at Italia 90 with that title.

Definitely. If they were called ‘the lions’ and had a lion as their badge 👍🏻 ;) 

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Craig said:

I thought Ellis Short's stint at SAFC was fucking tremendous tbh

• Haha 5