Leonard Jeffrey "Oz" Osborne Silent Mags v Barry Spencer Taylor Boring Bastard Wolves

wykikitoon

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Thought these looked very good against Villa so be over the moon with a point.

Villa have been so hit and miss.  Would be happy with a point though.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I’m at this & my cousin is literally travelling from USA for this game. So aye that’s us getting beat. :lol: 

I'd taken a nights holiday, went out on the piss and started the match thread in a piss taking fashion so a hammering at Tottenham was almost an inevitability so get your vibes. :lol:

• Haha 4

taken from .com

Newcastle's first Premier League home game for over a month sees them host Wolves in an 8pm kick-off tonight, live on Sky Sports.
A sold-out St. James' Park will see United looking to end a run of three successive away losses, as they bid to win what would be a fourth successive home game - something they haven't achieved since February 2019.
In order to do that though, Eddie Howe's side will need to end a winless top-flight run against Wolves that extends to eight games since our 2-1 win in the black country back in October 2011.
This is the first of three successive home games, Leicester City due at SJP on Sunday April 17th before Crystal Palace arrive on Wednesday April 20th.

NUFC: Neither Callum Wilson nor Kieran Trippier are in contention for a return as yet, while Joe Willock is doubtful. After missing the defeat at Spurs due to illness, Miguel Almiron may return to the squad.
Speaking to the media on Thursday, Howe confirmed that both COVID and a separate bout of illness had affected the senior squad recently.

WWFC: Wolves will be without the suspended Raul Jimenez, Ruben Neves and Ki-Jana Hoever.
It's 14 games since they played out a draw in the PL.
Only Manchester City (8 goals conceded) and Chelsea (9 goals conceded) have a meaner defence on the road this season than Bruno Lage's side, who have let in just 11 away from Molineux.
Only the current top three of Manchester City (12 wins), Liverpool (10 wins) and Chelsea (10 wins) have more PL away successes this season than Wolves, who have registered eight. Six of those eight wins were accompanied by clean sheets.

Referee: Peter Bankes - second appearance for the Merseyside official, following the 0-4 loss at Leicester City in December, when he was conned into a penalty award for the home side.
Bankes has never refereed a PL game at Gallowgate, but United won both of the Championship fixtures he took charge of in the 2016/17 season - a 2-0 victory over Aston Villa and the epic 4-3 conquest of Norwich City when he brandished ten yellow cards.
We've not won any of the six PL games away from SJP that he's presided over; our sole success under Bankes the 3-2 FA Cup replay victory at Oxford United.

With Willock doubtful it’ll be interesting to see how a midfield three of Joelinton, Bruno and Shelvey works. Should offer the likes of ASM protection to get forward and do his things but I suspect Wood might appear isolated and wonder who is going to score the goals. I’d be happy with a point to break the run of defeats. 

• Like 3

Hope we can win this and put to bed any lingering fears of the drop. I’m sure we’ll be fine. 

In other news Burnley are away at Norwich whilst Everton are at home to Man U 🤔

It'll be tight. Wolves are good on the road, and have a good defence. We are not great at unlocking good defences, but we're improving our form at home.

• Like 1

My mission, if I choose to accept it…is to stay relatively sober enough not to get kicked out of hospitality. 

My cousins mentioned “pre gaming” too, so I got drunk last night.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

I thought Barry was a WBA fan? Also there was evidence Oz was a closet mackem. Now I'm worried. 

Nah Barry was definitely a Wolves fan. There's a lot of mention of 'West Bromwich and District......' during the series but he definitely stated Wolves were his team. 

The whole Oz / Mackem thing I'm told had to be written because Ian La Frenais was allegedly getting it in the neck that he'd written the script with Dennis, Neville & Oz all supporting NUFC and Sunderland were ignored (sound familiar?!). La Frenais, being the Newcastle fan he is wrote a episode about Sunderland playing a match in Europe simply to take the piss as it was highly unbelievable :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Craig said:

Nah Barry was definitely a Wolves fan. There's a lot of mention of 'West Bromwich and District......' during the series but he definitely stated Wolves were his team. 

The whole Oz / Mackem thing I'm told had to be written because Ian La Frenais was allegedly getting it in the neck that he'd written the script with Dennis, Neville & Oz all supporting NUFC and Sunderland were ignored (sound familiar?!). La Frenais, being the Newcastle fan he is wrote a episode about Sunderland playing a match in Europe simply to take the piss as it was highly unbelievable :lol:

Aye, you're right about Barry and now I am getting distinct Deja vu over this conversation, sure I've had it on here before. Iirc Oz also had a mackem bumper sticker on the wreck of a car he drove in episode 1, claimed it to be from the previous owner. Such class writing. :icon_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, you're right about Barry and now I am getting distinct Deja vu over this conversation, sure I've had it on here before. Iirc Oz also had a mackem bumper sticker on the wreck of a car he drove in episode 1, claimed it to be from the previous owner. Such class writing. :icon_lol:

Aye, I'd forgotten about that. Being held up by a piece of string. Totally flew over the Mackems heads, that one :lol:

1969 FORD ZEPHYR V6 2495cc XPL339G | Registration XPL339G Ma… | Flickr

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye they mention the mackem sticker :lol:

The politics are just about right for now too.

Tory CUNTS

Don't rewatch it on any form of streaming media BTW. The amount of editing they've done to make it PC and keep the Woke cunts happy is horrendous. The whole point of Oz's character was that he was a Xenophobic ignorant Brit having to go to another country to earn a living. They've ruined it with editing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

Don't rewatch it on any form of streaming media BTW. The amount of editing they've done to make it PC and keep the Woke cunts happy is horrendous. The whole point of Oz's character was that he was a Xenophobic ignorant Brit having to go to another country to earn a living. They've ruined it with editing.

Thankfully I bought the boxset on DVD. Oz would have definitely voted for Brexit too. 

• Like 1