Leonard Jeffrey "Oz" Osborne Silent Mags v Barry Spencer Taylor Boring Bastard Wolves

wykikitoon

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I am astonished by how much I'm reading that wood either dived or wasn't fouled for our penalty, it's a stonewall penalty surely?

I know this isn't the least biased place to ask but I don't just have my nufc specs on do I? It's clear as day. 

2333B108-28EE-47E0-B725-D3470038322D.jpeg
I guess he was supposed to move out of Sa’s way :lol: 

Edited by Howay

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

I am astonished by how much I'm reading that wood either dived or wasn't fouled for our penalty, it's a stonewall penalty surely?

I know this isn't the least biased place to ask but I don't just have my nufc specs on do I? It's clear as day. 

Honestly I thought it could have got overturned cos he knocks the ball ahead and then just seems to drag his foot over the keeper's leg. It was an unnatural movement, I thought. I don't care though but I was relieved when it was confirmed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Honestly I thought it could have got overturned cos he knocks the ball ahead and then just seems to drag his foot over the keeper's leg. It was an unnatural movement, I thought. I don't care though but I was relieved when it was confirmed. 

It made me think of Nick Barmby doing that against us for Spurs when we drew 3-3 with them in the early PL years where he did that albeit more centrally and got Pav sent off with the rules at the time. My view was an honest/good player would have rode the keeper's challenge and just scored (Beardsley did that loads of times). I think last night's, the Liverpool one I mentioned and even Fraser's versus Man City all brought to mind that if the player had been more honest and jumped over the lunge, there's no way they would have scored which I had in mind could make a ref not give it. I can see why a player who knows the angle is against them would "take the hit" and appeal but I'm not sure it sits well with my idealism. 

• Like 2

Sa has given away that penalty three times this season though, its all on him, he rushes out and there is no way our coaching team haven't been drilling that into our forwards this last week.

If he doesn't rush, Woods touch is different, given where the foul happened he absolutely had the time and the angle to have a decent shot. If that was woods touch without Sa flying in then it would be absolutely laughable.

Anywhere else on the pitch and no one is batting an eyelid at that being a foul. Wood definitely does the "forgetting how to stand up" thing when contact is coming flying in but we all know full well you don't get the foul if you don't do that, it just ends up being a goal kick or a corner.

https://streamwo.com/v/29ynwp1n

As for idealism...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=859988331348142

https://theathletic.com/3182586/2022/03/15/trying-to-explain-the-nonsensical-decision-not-to-award-newcastle-a-penalty-against-chelsea/

idgaf about idealism :razz:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

He's got an occassional gammy foot you disability shaming prick.

• Haha 5

I don't even know where to put this, but a bloke on the Pod on the Tyne twitter live thing from the other night just asked "Should we not be trying to find a place in the team SOMEHOW for Paul Dummett?!" :lol:

• Haha 2

A decade ago and that's no pen IMO and even this season we've had less turned down. Wood trails the legs but cunts like Salah and Grealish have had them given for years and nobody queries them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Penalty all day. You can't just slide across the path of someone running at full pace and not get the ball. Who hit who first is irrelevant 

21F6AA4B-4CE6-4DF9-932F-FC80A990D516.jpeg

• Like 8

He didn't keep running man. He dragged his leg to ensure contact. We were all up in arms when Madison did broadly the same v us for Leicester. I get that that's a penalty now, but I don't really think it should be. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He didn't keep running man. He dragged his leg to ensure contact. We were all up in arms when Madison did broadly the same v us for Leicester. I get that that's a penalty now, but I don't really think it should be. 

G-Dogg once again knocking it out like a best selling album.

Watch it and you see he starts dragging legs.  It's a modern day pen all day.

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

G-Dogg once again knocking it out like a best selling album.

Watch it and you see he starts dragging legs.  It's a modern day pen all day.

G-Dogg and Yorkshire-T having to regulate all up in this HIZZAYYYYY. BUKKA BUKKA!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

A decade ago and that's no pen IMO and even this season we've had less turned down. Wood trails the legs but cunts like Salah and Grealish have had them given for years and nobody queries them. 

I honestly think there have been people winning penalties like that as long as i can remember watching football 

• Like 4

It was definitely a case of winning the pen. About time we started getting a few of those. I imagine the number will increase as we become a serious force again. The big clubs always get the soft ones. 

• Like 4

Whether you think it’s right or wrong it’s not ‘new’ or ‘modern’ is my point. It’s just scrutinised a lot more than ever. I think it was a pen tbh. In real time it looked like a stonewall one too. The keeper made a hash of it and Wood took advantage like J69, Andrew etc have alluded to 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It was definitely a case of winning the pen. About time we started getting a few of those. I imagine the number will increase as we become a serious force again. The big clubs always get the soft ones. 

There's been a couple of games where our players could have done that but tried to be honest. 

It’s about taking advantage of the opposition player making a poor decision to “win” the foul. It’s an art form in itself. If it gives your team the advantage I’m all for it as it’s not blatant diving/cheating. When a player for one of the “big” clubs do it, the pundits say it’s cute. When the likes of Newcastle win one in a similar manner it’s soft. I expect that to change as of next season. Both the number rewarded in our favour and the response back in the studio as our status as a big boy is begrudgingly accepted 

• Like 1