Dearest Brenda's Brazilian Mag's v Bronzed Brendan Bloated Heed Bastards

wykikitoon

on a roll here now! and for us older ones..

first game of the season under jack charlton beat leicester at their place 3-2, steve fucking carney got one! 2 games later we're top of the table with 9 points. reality hit within a week, beaten midweek at highbury and then a 5-0 mauling at old trafford!   :(

edit...... actually, would it have been 6 points?? can't remember the year it changed?

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I was at the match. An absolutely crazy end to the game but once we got the second goal it almost felt inevitable. The belief the crowd had in that side at that time was unbelievable. I never felt like anyone was a problem for us at home. It was our away record that stopped us winning things 

We used to average about 1-2 defeats at home a season IIRC. I remember one season where we lost early on at home to Liverpool and Spurs and then we went on a run where I think the Bergkamp goal brought things to an end. Happy days, we didn't know we were born

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

We used to average about 1-2 defeats at home a season IIRC. I remember one season where we lost early on at home to Liverpool and Spurs and then we went on a run where I think the Bergkamp goal brought things to an end. Happy days, we didn't know we were born

The first season we came second to Man Utd (95/96) we lost at home to them, drew at home v Spurs in the final match and won every other home game in the league iirc 

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

cheers for pics @PaddockLad, especially the bottom one!

back to football....

i remember macdonald scoring a volley from the half way line against leicester when i was just a kid. dont think ive ever seen it again so maybe it was on a weekend when 'shoot' was covering a mackem game?

would be mightily impressed if anybody could find some footage of it?!   :)

I've looked for years and never found it. It's the best goal I ever saw. 

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

The first season we came second to Man Utd (95/96) we lost at home to them, drew at home v Spurs in the final match and won every other home game in the league iirc 

Spot on! Won 17, Drew 1 and Lost 1. We only conceded 9 goals at home all season!!

• Like 1

Went to Leicester last game of the season we nearly went where the mackems have been for years now.  David Kelly had to jump into the stand for safety after we went 1-0 up.  There was all sorts being thrown from their end into our stand.  Horrible cunts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

cheers for pics @PaddockLad, especially the bottom one!

back to football....

i remember macdonald scoring a volley from the half way line against leicester when i was just a kid. dont think ive ever seen it again so maybe it was on a weekend when 'shoot' was covering a mackem game?

would be mightily impressed if anybody could find some footage of it?!   :)

I was there and have searched for years - I think I even wrote to Tyne Tees to ask without reply. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Useless fact

Last time I watched this fixture on Holiday I was in Florida. 3-1 down with 12 minutes to go and up pops Shearer with a hat trick :lol: 

36B10702-3C1E-42C2-A640-D8B4150B6C7A.jpeg

I wouldn’t have come back, tbh.…

… why did you? 

39 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Whipped them out in Spender…

74422E3F-A0DB-467A-ADF3-12BBB686203B.jpeg.63f98975caa36441a14cc11d9ef64081.jpeg

err, nsfw :lol:

I can just imagine you seeing these posts then digging out the box set, index finger poised on the pause button of your remote  :thumbup:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I can just imagine you seeing these posts then digging out the box set, index finger poised on the pause button of your remote  :thumbup:

Don't be silly, it would have already been captured and corrupted in the Fist wank bank.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

also v leicester...

david kelly, david kelly,  gets a hat trick when he's on tele... to the andy cole song.

6-0 at half time. happy days!   :)

Got that game on VHS somewhere :smile:

15 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I don't believe I have heard this double entendre before... I doubt any of his fingers were poised.

• Haha 1