Could you manage - Team 2022/23

Christmas Tree

6D0936B3-B61E-44B0-946D-0302F429193E.jpeg

I’d then target Bissouma, Nunez, Raphinha (or Rashford), Botman, Henderson (gk). Obviously think that’s mental but if we are just ignoring money etc in this scenario, my other preference would be to keep the back 4 we have and instead replace Joelinton with Pacqueta or Eriksen

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

Shrub.    

Bush.          Hardy Perennial 

Herb.           Hedge.          Fire pit 

• Haha 10

6D0936B3-B61E-44B0-946D-0302F429193E.jpeg

Get Paquetá in alongside Joe and Bruno for a  Brazilian midfield. Bottman and John Stones in at the back. 

Nunez up top. Not sure about the wide right position - Raphina maybe. And if Leeds are feeling generous maybe they’ll give us Kalvin Phillips too. 

We probably need another keeper too. I’d like to us get Pickford in for the bantz  

• Like 2

squad (2).jpg

Personally think Schar and Joelinton have acquitted themselves the best over the last few months, I'd have no qualms with having Burn/Schar be our starting CBs for another season, though the depth behind them is concerning.

Targett has shown himself to be a decent player, but I don't think we have anyone of substance behind him so I'd still be looking for an upgrade, if you pick someone who is "defence first" there you don't have to worry about ASM as much too. Josko Gvardiol would be my choice there, valued at £42 million by his club apparently and could also cover CB quite handily.

I see bruno as the deep lying playmaker and Joelinton as the presser/physicality of our centre midfield so I'd like someone who sits just a little further forward to join them, or a real defensive midfielder to shift bruno to that more forward thinking spot. Bissouma is a good shout that I've seen mentioned, one of Edson Alvarez and Ryan Gravenberch at Ajax would potentially be achievable, Ajax do have a bit of money these days but they are still one of those clubs who need to sell when the PL teams come calling. Ryan Gravenberch in particular has been attracting a lot of attention lately. Wouldn't be against a run at Ruben Neves at Wolves either, though he'd probably cost a fortune.

Forwards, weve seen Nunez mentioned a lot and he looks very good, wouldn't mind us trying to nick Dwight McNeil from burnley if they go down, hes been working and creating well under a disciplined manager in a struggling side for a few years now, think he could potentially flourish under Howe.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

This summer window’s going to be class isn’t it :lol: 

:lol: It might be narrowly better than the will we/won’t we get Hamza Choudrey on loan of last summer. 

• Haha 4

image.png.e0d6b8926bc76a1dbdb20d61547ebb74.png

Get in;

a striker (Nunez would be unreal, but it's unrealistic)

a goal scoring right sided attacking midfielder/forward.

a Centre mid but I'm torn between a true-blue defensive midfielder in the Kante mould and another Joelinton-type.

a leftback. Now, Targett has been solid and if we can get him on the cheap, then great, but if not we need to find another decent LB.

and depth.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The maximum selection rule, much like finishing in an acceptable word count, does not apply to Fish

He said we're getting 5 new signings, not 5 new starters. 

40 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

“who are the 6 you are not replacing”. :) 

I'm not replacing;

1. ASM,
  2. Bruno,
  3. Burn,
  4. Joelinton,
  5. Trippier, 
  6. Dubravka

And I'm also not replacing all but one of the substitutes. Or Schar.

Because you know what CT? You're not the boss of me so I'm not dancing to the beat of your drum. I am my own man! In fact, I want to replace someone else now too. I want to replace you, CT, I want to replace you with a quokka. While neither of you know anything about anything, at least that thing would be cute.

• Haha 3

Dubs and Wilson are both clearly good players, but they are also both too injury prone to rely on and their backups aren't good enough.

That makes them key replacements for me, an injury to either leaves us with Darlow and Wood, who are nice enough but not good enough to progress us.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/04/2022 at 18:12, Christmas Tree said:

So, the pretext is we are  getting five new signings in the summer. Who are the 6 you are not replacing?

Daughters keepers

93745A19-340A-4040-A145-E11AE233573C.thumb.jpeg.b351ecd9da9ecb8edc6f322563a52e00.jpeg

My keepers

430DB049-12DA-4372-BFCA-1B57A12A3D55.thumb.jpeg.95b4ed78280f9a9741a034a006ff1a97.jpeg

Which 6 would you start with?

https://www.themag.co.uk/this-season/nufc-team-selector/

Pick any formation you wish but only 6 starters?

Still keeping ASM? 

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Still keeping ASM? 

100% ( but if Howe wants rid fair enough).

I would like to see him with better players and a full pre season with those players.

He’s been relied on since he came to turn on the magic and win the game so there’s a transition period needed to change that mindset. Also when he’s no longer just the main threat, he’ll hopefully have more room to play.

In my distant memory it reminds me a bit of Cisse (iirc) who seemed to get to a point where he just stopped making runs because the ball never got delivered.