Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

37 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

Ciaran Clark not giving a flying fuck anymore - on his phone at 1.10

Phone in changing room surely a fine!

It’s a wonder the thing is working again, apparently it was switched off all of transfer deadline day… 

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Xa9as said:

Ciaran Clark not giving a flying fuck anymore - on his phone at 1.10

Phone in changing room surely a fine!

What’s he even doing in there? Surely he should be training with the kids so he gets the hint.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

What’s he even doing in there? Surely he should be training with the kids so he gets the hint.

:lol: I thought the same. Confidence booster for our forwards in training maybe?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

I think it is rather a nice touch not to break his confidence. It’s better for him to train with equal or only slightly better technical ability than dragging the u10s down to his level.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

In the Terry Mac role of cone handler and bet layer

FFS Ciaoman. Can’t be going around posting 6 seconds before I do and ruining my crack

It would be the first male crack I've ruined if I did?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I think it is rather a nice touch not to break his confidence. It’s better for him to train with equal or only slightly better technical ability than dragging the u10s down to his level.

:lol:

• Haha 2

🎶 “Rhythm is a dancer

Brazilians are the answer 

You can see them everywhere

Big Joe in the middle

Bruno on the dribble

Bringing that Brazilian flair” 🎶

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

fucking gauntlet well and truly thrown down there.....

Shamelessly ripped from elsewhere, but I’m impressed 😂

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Need to run out to this instead of knopfler's dirge...... 

Fuck that, if we're going the full Brazilian inspiration get them to enter the "arena" to some Sepultura and watch the opposition touch cloth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

Fuck that, if we're going the full Brazilian inspiration get them to enter the "arena" to some Sepultura and watch the opposition touch cloth.

Underrated bop

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Need to run out to this instead of knopfler's dirge...... 

The number of intense stares and upskirt close ups in this was impressive, especially culminating in the 5 way at the end.

john carpenter smoking GIF

• Haha 4

Bruno Guimaraes spoke to Claudio Cacapa before joining Newcastle

In his two seasons as a Newcastle United player in the late-2000s, Claudio Cacapa did not exactly set the world alight. A central defender who was also used to fill a gap in defensive midfield, the Brazilian made 25 thoroughly unremarkable league appearances for the Magpies before heading back to his homeland to join Cruzeiro.

A decade-and-a-half after first arriving at St James’ Park, however, and Cacapa might just have made his most influential intervention relating to the Magpies.  Now a coach at French club Lyon, the former Brazil international was approached by his compatriot, Bruno Guimaraes, last month to discuss the midfielder’s proposed move to Newcastle.

Would Cacapa recommend a move to St James’ Park? Or would he suggest remaining in Ligue 1 given Newcastle’s struggles in the table? The fact that Guimaraes is preparing to make his Magpies debut against Everton tomorrow night confirms Cacapa’s response was the former.

“I’d like to mention Claudio Cacapa,” said Guimaraes this afternoon, as he conducted his first press conference as a Newcastle player in the media room at St James’ Park with the aid of an interpreter.

“He is a coach at Lyon now and I spoke to him a lot about coming here. He’s someone who helped me in my decision, so warmest regards to Claudio.”

Thankfully, for Newcastle, Cacapa was able to enthuse about the club’s glorious past rather than its more precarious present.

The here and now was left to Amanda Staveley and her fellow directors to discuss, and while Guimaraes was left in no doubt that avoiding relegation is the overriding priority this season, Newcastle’s owners spelled out a bright future vision that persuaded the 24-year-old it was not madness to swap a Lyon side targeting a European place in Ligue 1 for a Magpies line-up currently sitting in 19th position in the Premier League.

“They were very up front and honest about it,” said Guimaraes. “They didn’t disguise that the main objective and challenge was remaining in the Premier League this season.

"But in the seasons coming, the objective is to be in the Champions League and eventually to win the Champions League. I believe in the project, I believe in everything they spoke to me about, and I am really happy to be a part of this project.”

Winning the Champions League? Is that really a realistic proposition?

“We are definitely going to be a club that is going to be a big power in world football,” Guimaraes continued. “This is a historic club with a great tradition and a beautiful history, I have no doubts about my decision to come to Newcastle.”

The switch to St James’ Park is the latest leg of a footballing odyssey that has taken Guimaraes from the impoverished Rio de Janeiro neighbourhood of Sao Cristovao to the relative bright lights of Brazilian top-flight side Atletico Paranaense, and then on to Lyon, where he made 56 appearances in Ligue 1.

His career has seen him involved in transfers worth more than a cumulative £60m, but his life began with a series of sacrifices that saw him leave his family at a young age to pursue his dream of making it as a footballer.

“I left home really early, when I was just 15,” he said. “I went to live in another state. I was alone in digs when I was at Audax. I only saw my parents twice a month and I am an only child.

“It was really different for me and really difficult for them. It was a difficult time and I really missed them. I missed home. But I would do it all again to get here now.”

Guimaraes will wear the number 39 shirt with Newcastle, a nod to his father, Dick, who made a series of sacrifices when he was working as a taxi driver in order to support his son’s footballing ambitions.

“My dad was a taxi driver for 20 years and that was his taxi number,” said the midfielder. “Number 39. So, he asked me when I signed for my first professional club, Atletico Paranaense, he asked me to take his number for my shirt.

“I didn’t even have to ask for it, they gave it to me. That is the number that has sustained my family when I was growing up. It is also a lucky number in my family because of that.

“We won four titles at Paranaense and it has proved to be a lucky number for me on the pitch. I will take it everywhere with me.”   :nufc:

• Like 4