Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

So West Ham away at the earliest before Bruno's back. That's real kick in the tits, but hopefully we'll get a couple of players in before Thursday, and they and Isak carry us through until Bruno, Wilson etc are fit in a week or two. 

Edited by Polarboy

• 1 month later...

These stats are obviously based on a small sample given how early we are in the season (and considering he's missed a few games). But he's playing like a world-beater and the type of player we would struggle to replace regardless of money given where we are at this stage of the project. It's a miracle we convinced him to come to us this early.

What do we make of the quote? Does anyone think we could hold onto him if RM came in for him? Does anyone think we could feasibly replace him like-for-like without the carrot of CL football to attract someone of a similar quality if he left?

On the other side of the argument, what could he be worth in the market now (or in January if he keeps it up)? It isn't impossible that he could be a world cup winner in a few months too. We could potentially buy 3/4 quality players with the proceeds from his transfer fee alone (thinking about FFP rules obviously not the PIFs bottomless piggybank).

Personally, I think we hold on to him at all costs. Love him to bits. Sponsorship is certain to increase in the coming seasons to ease any FFP worries we might have now. So, we don't need to do business. But I feel like it probably isn't going to be possible to keep him if a powerhouse like Real Madrid gets truly interested.

We’re no stepping stone club anymore. Of course the likes of Real Madrid are going to start trying to sign our best players. Sign of things to come. I’d like to see them try 

• Like 2

Real won't be able to afford him by the end of next season unless they get their super league the fucking paupers. 

TBH though they are one of those pinnacle clubs that can realistically sign star players from any other club in the world. If they seriously pursue him, he'll go.

• Like 4

They’d have to cough up a staggering fee but I don’t think there’s much doubt they’d seriously interest him. The one thing with them though is they already bought 2 CMs and likely will be in for Bellingham so will they really want to spend another 120m+ on a CM? 

• Like 2

Aye, what ewerk says. We've no financial need to sell him, he's playing brilliantly but he's not yet at the level their fans would get excited about (because of their childishness, not his ability), they're not as flush with cash as they once were and we'd ask for the kind of sums that would make Mansa Musa blush.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Roy Keane fucking hates praising players doesn't he? :lol:

I think he doesn't want to go overboard on a player who's had one or two good games recently. Obviously this is totally from his perspective as he clearly doesn't really watch us a lot. We see all our matches so know he's been absolute quality in just about all our games he's played since he joined bar one or two. Yes, he's a miserable cunt but it just goes to show how much these know about teams outside their ex-clubs.

• Like 2

100%

I saw Carragher commenting on the collection of defensive and offensive stats from Bruno. He was saying Bruno's defensive stats would be inflated compared to midfielders from bigger teams because we dont dominate possession and therefore do more defending.

Firstly, we have averaged among the top for possession this season, more than many other "bigger" clubs. Secondly, comparatively Bruno's attacking stats are even more impressive than his defending stats and, if he does that in the attack with "less" possession as Carragher assumes, then they're even more impressive again!

Carragher: ignorant and thick.

Media is filled with people I'd turn and walk away from at the pub when they're in the middle of talking.

Edited by toonotl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, toonotl said:

100%

I saw Carragher commenting on the collection of defensive and offensive stats from Bruno. He was saying Bruno's defensive stats would be inflated compared to midfielders from bigger teams because we dont dominate possession and therefore do more defending.

Firstly, we have averaged among the top for possession this season, more than many other "bugger" clubs. Secondly, comparatively Bruno's attacking stats are even more impressive than his defending stats and, if he does that in the attack with "less" possession as Carragher assumes, then they're even more impressive again!

Media is filled with people I'd turn and walk away from at the pub when they're in the middle of talking.

Nailed it.

Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

'he's obviously a confidence player' 

I agree but not in the way they're inferring. He's a player confident in his ability because he knows he's good. He's been a 'confidence player' since he signed in January. :lol:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Interesting to note Willock's pass successes under pressure is only just behind Bruno and level with Foden. 

Think Willock is going under the RADAR a little because of the focus on Bruno and Almiron.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Think Willock is going under the RADAR a little because of the focus on Bruno and Almiron.

That and perhaps his goalscoring record which I think gets unfairly compared to his purple patch when he was on loan. I think he's a tremendous asset to the squad.

44 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

'he's obviously a confidence player' 

I agree but not in the way they're inferring. He's a player confident in his ability because he knows he's good. He's been a 'confidence player' since he signed in January. :lol:

most former players who try punditry are fucking clueless beyond the so-called big six clubs. you get better analysis on here and various fan-led podcasts because we actually watch the fucking games 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, toonotl said:

100%

Firstly, we have averaged among the top for possession this season, more than many other "bigger" clubs. Secondly, comparatively Bruno's attacking stats are even more impressive than his defending stats and, if he does that in the attack with "less" possession as Carragher assumes, then they're even more impressive again!

Clueless analysis by the scouse spitter 

3470449C-68F1-4A3E-BE2A-793D4A6DA7E0.png

I think Keane's just a bit of a windy-up cunt. He knew if he caveated his praise it would get on Newcastle fans' tits, and it looks from the evidence above that he fucking NAILED IT. :lol:

Edited by Gemmill