Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

love this lad, been a round for a while now so age dictates that while as a club Ive seen us win fuck all (the fairs cup is only the haziest of memories) I've still had the good fortune to watch players I've properly idolised.

bruno has everything there to surpass them all and you can see he's genuinely loving being here. so excited for both him and us.

congratulations to you both!

• Like 4

Really pleased for him - he seems like such a genuine guy who isn't afraid to love and appreciate those around him, and what he has.

I really hope he's part of this club for years to come tbh. 

• Like 4

Starting bid of £100m to even get us to answer the phone. 

I was listening to one of the Athletic podcasts the other day, and they were saying that there have been inquests taking place at other PL clubs (Liverpool in particular) about quite how their scouting teams have failed to identify Bruno as a primary target. Botman too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

Starting bid of £100m to even get us to answer the phone. 

I was listening to one of the Athletic podcasts the other day, and they were saying that there have been inquests taking place at other PL clubs (Liverpool in particular) about quite how their scouting teams have failed to identify Bruno as a primary target. Botman too. 

Arsenal were convinced they had him in the bag, didn't they?

They were expecting to get him the following summer, I think. The fact they didn't move when we did suggests they weren't aware of what they were about to miss out on. 

Mind, I'm not sure we knew how good he'd be either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They were expecting to get him the following summer, I think. The fact they didn't move when we did suggests they weren't aware of what they were about to miss out on. 

Mind, I'm not sure we knew how good he'd be either. 

There was a definite risk, as there always is with drafting someone in who's never played in the PL before. You think of people like Veron & Shevchenko who just never too to it.