Oz's Big Balled Mags v Eddie Izzards Red Remoaning Eagles

wykikitoon

Howe's magic Brazilian's v Crystal Palace.

I still fancy us, but to be honest, I think these will be a harder test than Leicester,  I didn't see the game in full today but from what I did I would have ASM on the bench.  He would be filling out his CV too.

OzAWP.jpg

• Haha 2

This is one of the three remaining games I fancy us to win along with Norwich and Burnley. That would put us on 46 points, which would be an unbelievable return given where we were at the turn of the year. Could even be as high as 49 if Arsenal have nothing to play for by the time to come to us. That’s our final home game of the season under the lights - it’ll be a boozy, party-like atmosphere. They could easily roll over. 

Howe Presser snippets from Beeb

Howe on preparing for Palace: "We will train in the morning and then the players will go home, have a rest and come to the stadium. I really enjoy the night games and I certainly enjoy them here. They give you a slightly different buzz so we're looking forward to it.

"Crystal Palace have had a very good season. Obviously they'll be disappointed to go out in the FA Cup semi-final but Patrick Vieira has done an incredible job there & they've had an excellent season so I expect a very tough game."

Howe on the Newcastle fans: "It's such a privilege to play in the stadium & the atmosphere that the supporters have created is fantastic. We needed that support on Sunday and they got that reward with the goal at the end. It was a big thank you from us to them for sticking with us."

Howe on Bruno Guimaraes: "He's certainly ready to play 95 minutes. The goal is a great example of that. It was a great sign for him & the scenes afterwards brings a smile to my face seeing his reaction & how happy he is. He wants to be the very best he can be.

"The goal at the end of the Leicester game was a big thank you to fans for all they've given us. The relationship with fans is in a really good place. We want to win & entertain - we're building towards that & we're not there yet. But we're giving everything."

Howe on Matt Targett's future: "Matt's done very well. There are still games to play & opinions to be fully formed. But he has fitted well into the team, he showed composure to not kick the ball out of play for the goal on Sunday. We're very pleased with him."

Howe on team news: "No new injuries for this game. Ryan Fraser is going to have another scan on his hamstring this week to see how it is - he has had two conflicting opinions so far. Kieran Trippier & Callum Wilson are still on track to hopefully play this season."

Howe on looking to hit the 40-point mark: "We know the importance of this week. Two massive games for us & we're keen to hit that mark as quickly as possible. We know nothing is guaranteed in this league so we'd love to finish off this run of home games with another win."

Howe on building on Sunday's win against Leicester: "We want to see the same intensity and desire to win that we did on Sunday. We want that defensive resilience but we want more control and I'd love to see us express ourselves with the ball more."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, beat these tomorrow then wop Norwich at the weekend. 

I'd be happy with an 11th placed finish just to fuck Craig's bet up. 

Reported!

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

4-1 to us

Looking like it’s going to be two of us trying to watch on my phone if the signal holds out.

I do not understand your understanding of football at all. For fucking ages you've been convinced we'd go down. Losing every game, while those below us would go on an unprecedented run of wins. But now, here you are predicting the hitherto doomed Newcastle United will smash 4 past Crystal Palace. Newcastle who've only scored >2 twice, and Palace who've only conceded 4 in the last 8 games.

I just don't understand.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Reported!

I do not understand your understanding of football at all. For fucking ages you've been convinced we'd go down. Losing every game, while those below us would go on an unprecedented run of wins. But now, here you are predicting the hitherto doomed Newcastle United will smash 4 past Crystal Palace. Newcastle who've only scored >2 twice, and Palace who've only conceded 4 in the last 8 games.

I just don't understand.

"Lose we bad, win we good. 4-0. Same old CT, always putting us right."

:CT:

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, beat these tomorrow then wop Norwich at the weekend. 

I'd be happy with an 11th placed finish just to fuck Craig's bet up. 

:lol: Being spiteful ....? that's Mackem-like behaviour

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Reported!

I just don't understand.

It’s fairly simple. I’m an optimist but also very nervous.

36 minutes ago, Craig said:

I think that's a decent, objective assessment. My only grumble would be their claim that Burn fouled Amartey in the 1st phase of our 1st goal. I saw nothing wrong with it tbh.

Agreed, there was nothing at all wrong with Burn on Amartey, no hands or climbing, burn was just bigger and stronger.

Other than that I'd rather than writeup was in the guardian that Louise Taylors writeup tbh.

• Like 3