Oz's Big Balled Mags v Eddie Izzards Red Remoaning Eagles

wykikitoon

9 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

This, and West Brom’s hilarious form just goes to show how much Steve Bruce is stealing a living.

In Steve Bruce's 1000+ games as a manager he has never won three PL games in a row.

Eddie Howe has just done it three times in the space of three months with largely the same squad.

Levels.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

In Steve Bruce's 1000+ games as a manager he has never won three PL games in a row.

Eddie Howe has just done it three times in the space of three months with largely the same squad.

Levels.

DO YOU HEAR THESE STATS FISH?!!?

#statsattack 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:lol:

FQ0-TJGl-Xw-AEWFi-D.jpg

If this takeover happened at Sunderland he'd be standing smiling at the camera with an FTM pin badge on his blazer 100,000,000% btw. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Tell you what mind, Chris Wood should

be nowhere near that starting XI next season. Write that £25mil off as the price of premier league survival. 

His 2nd touch is usually a tackle 

We weakened an opposition and it worked.  He is great for defending corners and set pieces.  I know he isn't here for that, but that's helped a lot.

Striker is priority in Summer.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

"Hahahaha! Hotdog, Merhdad! Fucking hotdog! Yiv anny sent the big cheese for a hotdog and a chronicle, wor kid! Lol!"

"Err, just a footballing reference, your excellentie, thank you for the press access, err, ah loved Lawrence of Arabia as a bairn, an that!"

4221396001_5248502522001_5248500552001_vs.0.jpg

Lee-Ryder-pic.jpg

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

We weakened an opposition and it worked.  He is great for defending corners and set pieces.  I know he isn't here for that, but that's helped a lot.

Been decent in some games, less so in others. Done his job ok. I don’t get the need to point out he’s a fairly average footballer, the word SUPPORTER  is a clue here…

• Like 3

Taken from .com

Eddie Howe post match

"It was a very good first half. With the ball and in terms of our intensity, it was up there with one of our best performances. In the second half Crystal Palace came back into it, but we defended very well.

"We’ve had a very good shape. The players have developed a good mentality to defending, and I think we needed to because Palace played well.

"It’s a great night for the football club. You can forget how hard it’s been to get us into this position now. We have to look back with great satisfaction.

"I say it every week but this is a great place to play football. The all-round atmosphere was brilliant to experience.

"The league table looks a lot better tonight. It looks healthier to see us move up. When you look at where we’ve come from and some of the teams we’ve been able to get near, it’s a great feeling because we were a long way away.

"It seems like a long time ago (when he took the job). You can very quickly forget where we were and where we’ve come from this season. It’s been great to see the team move forward and develop certain characteristics."

On the six successive home wins:

"(I'm) very proud because we didn’t necessarily see that coming. At the start of the run, we were desperate for any win, never mind six.

“We’ve managed to get those important wins and build a really good feeling here and a good relationship between the players and supporters."

On being the first Manager since Sir Bobby Robson to achieve that:

"It is incredible because you’re talking about an absolute legend of the football club and quite rightly so.

"He was someone I have always admired, I never met him, but he’s always someone I admired from afar for everything he achieved in the game so he’s the benchmark for everything we try to do here and it is great to have done that today.”

On Miggy:

"Incredible goal from Miggy - really pleased for him personally. A player that gives everything, supporters rightly hold him in high regard, and a brilliant professional.

"He showed a lot of pace to get in behind their back line, and what a finish."

On the Wor Flags pre-game ASM display:

"The support for Maxi tonight was incredible and showed a real intelligence and emotional attachment to the players and club.

"They’ve created that atmosphere to play in, and I can’t thank them enough for helping us out the difficult situation we were in.”

• Like 7

Sure I've spoken  about that before too, it's game management from Howe. Disrupt the play, don't let the other team settle into a rhythm, reduce the 90 into moments rather than passages of play. The work off the ball is exemplary, and Joelinton epitomises that change. We might not be able to control the game very well, but we make fucking sure that the other team have to work hard if they want to. 

Benitez used a similar approach, but in a different way. He'd make sure we camp in after the first 10 minutes until the last 10 minutes. Howe seems to prefer unsettling the opposition throughout. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Mackems reckon this proves it’s a plaything and the owners will get bored with it. So it’s a plaything that PIF have only bought as an investment to flip in a couple of years. Or something 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

He won most of the long balls humped up to him but neither ASM nor Almiron got beyond him to receive the ball.Out of the three mentioned,only Wood put a shift in when Palace dominated for periods in the second half.I think we all know he’ll not be first,or even second choice striker next season,but think back to how absolute shit Wilson’s replacement was before Wood signed.

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

He won most of the long balls humped up to him but neither ASM nor Almiron got beyond him to receive the ball.Out of the three mentioned,only Wood put a shift in when Palace dominated for periods in the second half.I think we all know he’ll not be first,or even second choice striker next season,but think back to how absolute shit Wilson’s replacement was before Wood signed.

Miggy scored

drunk samson & gert GIF by vrt

• Haha 1