Toontastic player of the season award 2021/22

Dr Gloom

Toontastic player of the season award 2021/22  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Big Joe for me. He was the first of that midfield to up his game and that's had a knock on effect to the rest of them and was vitally important in our upturn in results.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Big Joe for me. He was the first of that midfield to up his game and that's had a knock on effect to the rest of them and was vitally important in our upturn in results.

yeah, he was the first one after howe came in to raise his game.

i love a redemption story too 

Trippier for me. Ridiculous as it may seem to vote for someone who only appeared 5 times, he took a punt on us when we were at our lowest, opened the floodgates for more signings, and scored two big goals. Won us points on his own when we were circling the drain. If he never plays again in black and white he'll still be a hero because of the role he played this season. 

• Like 4

This is legitimately difficult for the right reasons for the first time in years :lol:

The new players have been great but it's got to be joelinton. His finishing is as shit as ever but everything else about him has been transformed. 

Finding out about the extra work he was doing to get better under bruce changed my opinion on him a lot as a person, he is so dedicated and really cares how much effort he puts in on the pitch, he's also the first man on the scene with every goalscorer and seems to be one of the big positive personalities in the squad. 

• Like 3

It's tough because the season hasn't finished and Guimaraes might continue his goal scoring run and propel us into the top half, but I've gone for Joelinton because he ticks so many boxes. Improvement, endeavour, attitude, shithousery, he's even scored a couple of goals too.

Other player have improved, but none have had quite the renaissance as big Joe. He's one of the few players I can think of to turn fans opinion round so dramatically. To go outside the club to improve himself was a mark of his character and to take on this new role in the team so enthusiastically is remarkable.

• Like 3

I’ve gone for Big Joe. The transformation has been remarkable. Great effort from both the coaching staff & Joelinton. 

I never imagined he’d ever look like a £40m player but he really does in his new role. Most duels won in the league and he’s only been in the position since November.

• Like 3

I’ve went for Bruno, I’m biased as he’s the type of player who has always been a favorite of mine (that Cabaye/Verrati type of passing CM that is also combative), but on top of that I think he’s been crucial in the wins against Southampton, Wolves, Leicester, and Palace so as mad as it is to say a player with 6 starts deserves it he’s been man of the match in 3-4 of the 6 and is the main reason for half our wins this season :lol:.

Joe, Burn, and Trippier all very close for reasons mentioned by everyone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I’ve went for Bruno, I’m biased as he’s the type of player who has always been a favorite of mine (that Cabaye/Verrati type of passing CM that is also combative), but on top of that I think he’s been crucial in the wins against Southampton, Wolves, Leicester, and Palace so as mad as it is to say a player with 6 starts deserves it he’s been man of the match in 3-4 of the 6 and is the main reason for half our wins this season :lol:.

Joe, Burn, and Trippier all very close for reasons mentioned by everyone else. 

I’ve been crying out for a midfielder like Bruno for years. Having to suffer immobile plodders like Hayden has driven me close tears. Bruno is already quite clearly our best player and along with Trippier the most important for moving us forward. But his time for player of the season I’m sure will come. But I just can’t look past Joe because his turnaround and his contribution since that Norwich game have been immense. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Bringing up Hayden is a good point because I was at my wits end with people telling me he was “useful” He was good for running about a bit. Bruno is what midfielders are supposed to look like. 

:lol: Aye you know a player is a waste of time when his best traits are “puts in a shift”, so you mean the bare minimum thing you should expect from a professional?

• Haha 2

On 21/04/2022 at 16:34, Christmas Tree said:

Went for Burn just ahead of Joelinton. Nowt in it but he just closed the door at the back.

Other way around for me but I could’ve flipped a coin to be honest. Bruno and Trippier are the best players but the impact of the other two has been immense. Burn has allowed the defence to play about 10 yards further up the pitch. But Joelinton has been instrumental in allowing us to get a grip of the game in the middle of the park. As others have mentioned lately, even if we don’t control the game we make damn fucking sure the opposition’s play is disrupted. 

• Like 4