Newcastle United Women

Tom

I’ve been to see the lady mags a few times and it’s always a decent day out, happy to see they’re being afforded the privilege of playing a match at SJP after a successful run out at Kingston Park attracted about 3,000 people. 

Under PIFs ownership the women’s team will be paid as professionals & there’s even talks regarding building them their own stadium.

I’ve seen them play at the Stadium of Light & watched England at Riverside so it’s nice to see women’s football at a decent ground that isn’t surrounded by a total shithole. 

Should be a decent look out, cheap to get in and on a bank holiday. Wor Flags will also be making a display.

Robbed from .Com

A day after the men's side host Liverpool in the Premier League, Newcastle United Women are to play their first-ever game at St. James' Park.

United's final FA Women's National League fixture of the season against Barnsley Women is a 2pm kick-off at Gallowgate on Sunday May 1st.

Cash turnstiles will open at 12.30pm, with entry £3 for adults and U16s/concessions admitted free of charge

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJS said:

It's come a long way (unlike the sexist pigs above) and can be entertaining but is still let down by the goalkeeping imo. 

It would never happen because it would be deemed that it wasn’t the same sport. But I’ve thought before the goals should be a bit smaller because women are generally smaller and not quite as able to cover the goal in the same way as their male counterparts. Don’t mean that in a sexist way, just a genuine observation when I’ve watched women play that there are more ‘soft goals’ for that reason. I don’t suppose the centre forwards would be very happy about it like 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

It would never happen because it would be deemed that it wasn’t the same sport. But I’ve thought before the goals should be a bit smaller because women are generally smaller and not quite as able to cover the goal in the same way as their male counterparts. Don’t mean that in a sexist way, just a genuine observation when I’ve watched women play that there are more ‘soft goals’ for that reason. I don’t suppose the centre forwards would be very happy about it like 

Failing that, make the ball bigger…

goal-abisola-balogun.gif

• Haha 1

Why can’t they invent their own sports anyway?  

At least there’ll be sandwiches at half time and the kits will be ironed.

I wouldn’t mind if she was offside in my box.

Do they suck oranges at half-time or lick lemons?

TITS. 

#hung4asheep

Seriously though, women’s football is really decent now. They were equitable sausages indicating supreme confidence and consistency. Not penises, as some sexist pigs might presume.  

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Woman's cricket has smaller boundaries than mens because quite clearly the majority of women cricketers can’t hit the ball as far as their male counterparts. It’s not suggesting they are any less skilled rather it puts them at a disadvantage to be compared on exactly the same basis.

Personally I find womens tennis just as entertaining as mens and in the grand slams they play shorter matches than the men. It makes it a better quality, more entertaining spectacle to recognise the differences between men and women in sport and there’s no reason not to follow this in football too. 

• Like 1

I can't get away with it yet but I feel like it's more because I just don't have any affinity or emotional investment in any if the teams compared to men's football - as opposed to the quality. I.e. I don't watch it for the same reason I don't want any of Aston villas games.

The guardian definitely wants us all to care, mind. I've picked that up over the years.

I think success will naturally breed more interest. They're currently 2nd in the National League Division One which I think is the 4th tier? Playing matches at SJP should help also.

• Like 1

The complete support of the owners will help enormously, not just from a financial pov, but also because of their positive influence on all aspects of the football club and community.

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Smaller goals is impractical and women's football is coming on leaps and bounds precisely because they play the same game to the same rules. Anyway, it's certainly popular in Spain. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-23/barcelona-breaks-own-world-record-crowd-womens-champions-league/101010754

But how much were the tickets

16 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Failing that, make the ball bigger…

goal-abisola-balogun.gif

To be honest you could use that size ball with five a side goals......and the goalkeeping would still be shocking 

18 hours ago, Alex said:

The Chelsea coach Emma Hayes agrees, the goals should be smaller….so should their shorts, and so should their tops…sorry, just came over all Sepp Blatter there for a second…  :naughty:

• Haha 5

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United Women