Newcastle United Women

Tom

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Why is that relevant? 90k+ is good whether or not it may be free. I doubt they were paid to go. 

I have no problem with the women's game......its the ramming down the throats which pisses me off especially by BBC & Sky with the joint deal they did, football focus used to be a must watch for most footie fans on a Saturday lunchtime now its a must avoid with the BBC golden girl and her gibbering pal who's always on with her.

We have the women's football show and match of the day......one is women's the other is men's so why not do the same with the pundits........I'm just off to hide behind the sofa ready for all the flak  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rosco said:

I have no problem with the women's game......its the ramming down the throats which pisses me off especially by BBC & Sky with the joint deal they did, football focus used to be a must watch for most footie fans on a Saturday lunchtime now its a must avoid with the BBC golden girl and her gibbering pal who's always on with her.

We have the women's football show and match of the day......one is women's the other is men's so why not do the same with the pundits........I'm just off to hide behind the sofa ready for all the flak  

While you’re there get the hoover.

• Haha 5

That was always gonna happen. 

They should have opened the leazes/Gallowgate anyway rather than it being contingent on attendance

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United Women

A 4-0 victory today over Alnwick Town in front of 22,134 people. The highest attendance in women’s league football this year. 

Absolutely sensational support.

• Like 2

:lol: 

I actually have to confess that since the club has bothered to become a sporting institution after a decade and a half, I'm starting to be interested myself.

I don’t mean this as a dig but putting a bit of investment into the women’s team and having them play matches at SJP is such an easy PR win. So of course, Mike Ashley never bothered doing it. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

I might've went but if I'd had a couple of pints the temptation to say 'Nar man, nar man! You needed to do this man!' whilst strolling on the pitch and doing some impromptu coaching might've been too much. 

>> ;) <<

• Haha 3

When I thought I was going to have to attend, I searched YouTube and found this video of a previous 6-0 win

Im all for the women game for lots of reasons but I was quite surprised at the quality of football. I had assumed it was a lot closer to the mens game. 

It’s the only glimpse I’ve ever seen of womens football so maybe it’s not the best example of it? Dunno?