Newcastle United Women

Tom

Sounds like you've really done your research though. Thanks for bringing us up to date with the progress of the women's game. 

"GUYS THE WOMEN ARE PLAYING AT SJP. HERE ARE SOME SCORE UPDATES.... 

..... *SOME TIME PASSES*..... 

GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT WOMEN'S FOOTBALL IS SHIT" 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

When I thought I was going to have to attend, I searched YouTube and found this video of a previous 6-0 win

Im all for the women game for lots of reasons but I was quite surprised at the quality of football. I had assumed it was a lot closer to the mens game. 

It’s the only glimpse I’ve ever seen of womens football so maybe it’s not the best example of it? Dunno?

It’s like anything  really, the standard’s good when they’re full time professionals, when they’re not, less so. 

I’ve actually coached some womens football when I was younger and it wasn’t professional but all of the players were dedicated and hard working. The game is growing massively, and as said previously it’s a bit of an open goal for the new owners to support it and I’m all for it.

As a disclaimer, the women I coached years ago were miles better than CT could dream of being. Bet he toe ends the ball whenever he kicks it. 

The keepers are still/have always been shite like, no idea what’s gan on there

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It’s like anything  really, the standard’s good when they’re full time professionals, when they’re not, less so. 

Aye I appreciate that, just thought it looked a bit more basic than I was expecting.

Anyway, it’s only 5 minutes so I’ll have a much better idea when my research is complete.

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, strawb said:

I’ve actually coached some womens football when I was younger and it wasn’t professional but all of the players were dedicated and hard working. The game is growing massively, and as said previously it’s a bit of an open goal for the new owners to support it and I’m all for it.

As a disclaimer, the women I coached years ago were miles better than CT could dream of being. Bet he toe ends the ball whenever he kicks it. 

The keepers are still/have always been shite like, no idea what’s gan on there

Short lived career as a goalkeeper during 4th year Juniors. Covered for the main keeper while he had a bad cold.

I was fucking class for those two games.

goalkeeper GIF

15 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Short lived career as a goalkeeper during 4th year Juniors. Covered for the main keeper while he had a bad cold.

I was fucking class for those two games.

goalkeeper GIF

Considering that at that age / level the keeper is often the one who’s not very good at football one can only imagine what the sub keeper was like on the ball. Fortunately it was a good 20 years before the back pass law change ;) 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/highlights/alnwick-ladies-h-highlights-21-22/?isfromsocial=true#t=0:05

Highlights now up. That co commentator has me cracked up :lol: 

Got to be happy for the retiring team captain who converted the first penalty, thus making sure she's managing a goal at St James before she goes out.

Lovely stuff.

• Like 3

Yeah great timing for her. She pulled rank too as she’d never normally take a penalty :lol: 

This will definitely snowball, next time they play at SJP they’ll get closer to 40,000. 

Reading Sunderland fans twisting about the price has got me bad laughing like. Given that I went to SOL & it was the exact same price, there was just 19,000 less people.

So bitter :lol: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Yeah great timing for her. She pulled rank too as she’d never normally take a penalty :lol: 

This will definitely snowball, next time they play at SJP they’ll get closer to 40,000. 

Reading Sunderland fans twisting about the price has got me bad laughing like. Given that I went to SOL & it was the exact same price, there was just 19,000 less people.

So bitter :lol: 

They’ll be thinking of a way to beat that attendance in some way shape or form.

• 3 months later...

Popped to this and there was a canny crowd, about 2,500. 

Unfortunately lost 3-4 but it was a decent game. 

I'll never understand the fawning over the owners though, although Caulkin walked past me & he's quite a handsome chap :lol: 

Adam P walking about with the face of a stone cold killer.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...