Norma's Nuanced Nabob's Newcastle v Shergar's Shithouse Stealing Scouser's

wykikitoon

We would moan about the goal not being given a f it was the other way round.

It certainly wasn’t a obviously wrong decision that should have been overruled by VAR.

We didn’t lose because of the referee today but because of playing shite.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Bruno had a tough game there. Thought he started to come into it a bit more after about the hour mark, but Liverpool were all over him every time he got the ball before that. 

Aye that was the key tactical decision that decided the match tbh, Milner effectively sitting on Bruno for 70 mins took him out the game and got Milner man of the match, the miserable looking ferret bothering Yorkshire cunt 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Aye that was the key tactical decision that decided the match tbh, Milner effectively sitting on Bruno for 70 mins took him out the game and got Milner man of the match, the miserable looking ferret bothering Yorkshire cunt 

If ASM was any use he would be an outlet for them to focus on.  But Nah.

57 minutes ago, Craig said:

50:50

Milner got the ball but the follow through grounded Schar. It wasn’t intentional so rightly, no foul was given. Our complaints afterwards were fairly muted. 

I actually thought it was a good decision by the ref to let that go.  I'm a bit "old school" & think too much is called in modern football. It seems that players shouldn't challenge for 50/50 balls anymore.

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If ASM was any use he would be an outlet for them to focus on.  But Nah.

Thought he was fucking dross today like. As Howay has said before even if he isn’t fully fit he fails to get the basics right far too often. Thought it was a really tough day for us and we probably did well to keep it to just the one goal. We were visibly tired in the second half after chasing shadows for long periods. We didn’t really have anything on the bench to change things in attack either, bar Wood. I’m not counting Gayle because he’s obviously not a player Howe trusts 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Disappointing performance. The lack of passion in the game was frustrating, meaning there was nothing to close the gap in quality.

Most frustrating was the amount of totally unnecessary offside positions demonstrating that players had absolutely no awareness at all.

A lot of horrible individual performances as well.

Aye, we were caught offside quite a lot when players were never onside at any point of their run, like Almiron’s ‘goal’. 

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Still on the drink and haven’t read the thread yet, but was I on the telly? :lol: 

The only telly you’re likely to get on is the fucking news. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Milner got the ball but he was fairly studs up. One of those that could have easily been blown up if it was the other way

They absolutely overturn that if it’s the other way round 

• Like 1

My take is that it’s another game that shows how far we’ve come.

We’re disappointed not to have got a point off one of the best two teams in the country.

ASM will give lesser teams the run around but not of the quality of Liverpool. I wouldn’t cry if we offload him but he’s a useful squad player for when we play the mid to lower table clubs.

Bruno has had his first real taste of being marked out of a game.

Liverpool never let up and kept the pressure on for the whole 90 minutes. Arguably we kept them from playing their natural game but they still managed to grind out a win.

Dubravka was excellent today.

We obviously need at least one very good striker in the summer.

Our defence was decent I thought.

• Like 1

This was always going to be a frustrating game bar some miracle, the gulf in quality is too wide. 

I suppose it's encouraging we hung on till the end and didn't get a drubbing. Need that quality up front to have at least a bit of threat in games like these. Becoming clearer with each passing day ASM may not be the answer.

• Like 1

Milner v Schar was not a foul. The goal was was the right call.

Mane v Dubravka yellow card was the correct call. No intention to hurt. 

People need some perspective. We played, in the opinion of the majority, shite and ended up losing 1-0. Earlier in the season we lost 4-0 to the team who are arguably not as good as Liverpool. Don't lose sight of the fact we're on a journey. I was expecting something like a 3-0 or 3-1 loss today. 

Take the positives and move forward. Man City are now our focus, not Liverpool

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

People need some perspective. We played, in the opinion of the majority, shite and ended up losing 1-0. Earlier in the season we lost 4-0 to the team who are arguably not as good as Liverpool. Don't lose sight of the fact we're on a journey. I was expecting something like a 3-0 or 3-1 loss today. 

Aye I agree with this. I feel like Richard Hammond here. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye, their plan worked tbh they targeted the press on Bruno knowing Willock and Shelvey would do fucking nothing. I’m not having a real go at those two btw it’s tough opposition but we really need quality in. 

Well done to Liverpool mind, beating the only team in world football to have spent money in January. 

Why are you not having a go at Shelvey and The Waster? Neither looked interested throughout the 90 mins.BUJ7 as usual went missing in the second half.We closed them down early in the game then stood of them and let them stroll to within 35 yards of our goal for the rest of the game.Maybe Little Ed told them to stand off.We didn’t give it our best shot as far as I’m concerned.

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Bruno had a tough game there. Thought he started to come into it a bit more after about the hour mark, but Liverpool were all over him every time he got the ball before that. 

And they were right to do it, Willock was a bit lost and we missed not having a focal point up front.

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Who’s The Waster again? 

Bobby Thompson.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

I was expecting to lose but really thought we would give it a go and show a lot more passion. That’s the only thing that is disappointing me.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Why are you not having a go at Shelvey and The Waster? Neither looked interested throughout the 90 mins.BUJ7 as usual went missing in the second half.We closed them down early in the game then stood of them and let them stroll to within 35 yards of our goal for the rest of the game.Maybe Little Ed told them to stand off.We didn’t give it our best shot as far as I’m concerned.

My point is that they’re both poor and that I don’t blame them for that. I want improvements on both, what’s the point in insulting blokes for simply not being good enough for what we want? 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Howay said:

My point is that they’re both poor and that I don’t blame them for that. I want improvements on both, what’s the point in insulting blokes for simply not being good enough for what we want? 

I agree they’re not good enough if we’re looking to improve but there was a clear lack of effort from both today.Maybe you think they both gave 100% today.I don’t.