Eddie's Graft to the whistle mags v Pep's, we've won lads, lets chill last two mins BOTTLING FUCKS!

wykikitoon

17 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I can’t stand those dweebs who want to keep players around because they seem canny. If it was up to them, Sammy Ameobi would still be getting his game

Canny Canneobi would be great to have around the joint.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Willock and Shelvey out for the rest of the season. 

Clash of the titans. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

Shaun Wastedhiscareer-Phillips re-inventing history suggesting that Newcastle should follow Man Cities template of not just spending big amounts of cash on players and instead buying the right players.

Robinho, Jo, De Jong (fuckwit), Wayne Bridge....

57 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Only 71% possession. I hope that’s ruined your day.

When I was first going to quote your post, less than 5 minutes to go, you were bang on with 70% possession and 3-0. Took a screenshot. They scored. Took another screenshot. Before I could upload it, they'd scored again. And gained 1% more possession. So had to change my post and get the Trump meme out. 

We really are exceptionally shit against the top teams. Last home game of the season will still be canny, but hope we can get something against Arsenal to stop it being a damp squid [\CT].

Edit and tl\dr just seen earlier post. Yes, you were almost right so you were. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, OTF said:

He won a few headers and made a great tackle but that's besides the point. He doesn't work well in a system because he doesn't mark and can't hold a line. Add to that that he has little composure on the ball and it's clear why Howe gave Schar a new contract.

There is a worry that Ed keeps TOT as back-up.

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

Clash of the titans. 

Hope's is sooner and has more info. But Ryder's has speech marks around "likely" and has a location stamp from Manchester. Hmm, narrow win for Hope for me. 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I can’t stand those dweebs who want to keep players around because they seem canny. If it was up to them, Sammy Ameobi would still be getting his game

Spot on. We need a big clear out tbh, it’s not just the ability levels for some of these players it’s the way they just give up. Longstaff flat out didn’t fucking bother today did he? He walked out knowing we had lost and proceeded to plod about for 90 minutes passing into touch. I used to think maybe a slower build would be best, and maybe in terms of level of talent it might be (because it would be so expensive) but we need a massive upgrade in terms of attitude as soon as possible. Bunch of fucking losers, that loafed about under Bruce for 3 years. 

• Like 1

Sounds like Bruno was sold on a 3 year project when he signed.

Howe was likely brought in the steady the ship and avoid relegation, hence the 2 year deal. The owners have a decision to make next season though. Pointless letting him spend a fortune to build his own team if they plan on bringing in a big name manager at the end of next season.

21 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Howe was likely brought in the steady the ship and avoid relegation, hence the 2 year deal. The owners have a decision to make next season though. Pointless letting him spend a fortune to build his own team if they plan on bringing in a big name manager at the end of next season.

Aye, sack him before Arsenal.

So we lose 5-0 to City, as expected, and noises about not being mathematically safe resurface, along with the whole squad needing an urgent overhaul and Howe being shipped.

Let's be real lads, we're not going to be the City overnight - we're just going to start to try to compete. They'll aim for top ten next season not Europe. And tbh, we could probably get top ten with these players and Howe for a full season.

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think there's any reason to believe that they intend to replace Howe. 

Other than only giving him a 2 year deal ...

I don't think we should sack Howe btw. 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

So we lose 5-0 to City, as expected, and noises about not being mathematically safe resurface, along with the whole squad needing an urgent overhaul and Howe being shipped.

Let's be real lads, we're not going to be the City overnight - we're just going to start to try to compete. They'll aim for top ten next season not Europe. And tbh, we could probably get top ten with these players and Howe for a full season.

TOP TEN THIS SEASON MAN.  IT IS STILL ON. 

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Howe has shown he can do a job.  We still have such a thread bare squad.  Who would have thought we would miss Shelvey and Schar in a game like this today.  I don't get why people want to keep Sean Longstaf because he showed some promise under Rafa.  He's shown absolutely fuck all since Howe has come in.  I don't get the Bruce stuff about him. He runs like a 40 year old on 20 tabs a day.  He is thick as mince if he doesn't realise today was a chance to try and show what he is capable of.  I get we have a lot of potential outgoings but I honesty would rather give Anderson a chance than keep Longstaff.

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think there's any reason to believe that they intend to replace Howe. 

Your credibility is in tatters after the Everton debacle. 
I’d be packing my bags if I was Eddie. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Let's be real.  Nobody is saying ship out Howe or an Urgent overhaul.  The majority know we have a largely poor squad that's going to take a couple of summers to sort out.

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Other than only giving him a 2 year deal ...

I don't think we should sack Howe btw. 

2.5 years was just a sensible contract length given the circumstances, I thought. New ownership, the very real threat of relegation, Howe's time away from the game, etc. 

I think if he performs next season anything like he's done this season, he'll be getting handed a new contract next summer. 

• Like 2