Eddie's Graft to the whistle mags v Pep's, we've won lads, lets chill last two mins BOTTLING FUCKS!

wykikitoon

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

After today, I’m more convinced than ever that the new Longstaff deal is just so we don’t lose him for nowt. He’ll not get a look in next season 

What will we get for him? £5m? He's worth fuck all. 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

A Yorkshireman who thinks that £5m is nothing. I’ve seen it all now.

• Haha 8

I think the last couple of games have maybe tempered expectations, which some may have allowed to become unrealistic ( not hard to get a bit carried away, mind, given the job Howe and his team have done). 

With some wise transfers incoming and outgoing over the summer, I reckon we can realistically aim for a finish around 6th-8th - which would be spectacular if we managed to grab a European spot. 

I’m not saying we’ll do it, but that should be the target. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A Yorkshireman who thinks that £5m is nothing. I’ve seen it all now.

Avg wage for a Prem Mid is what £2.5m a year.  So two year deal plus signing on.  What Championship side can afford him?  He's not a Prem player.

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I think the last couple of games have maybe tempered expectations, which some may have allowed to become unrealistic ( not hard to get a bit carried away, mind, given the job Howe and his team have done). 

With some wise transfers incoming and outgoing over the summer, I reckon we can realistically aim for a finish around 6th-8th - which would be spectacular if we managed to grab a European spot. 

I’m not saying we’ll do it, but that should be the target. 

A top 10 finish and a cup run I would be chuffed with after years of the shite we have had.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A top 10 finish and a cup run I would be chuffed with after years of the shite we have had.  

Aye, a cup final would be fucking mint. 

Winning the fucker would have me doing a He-man :lol:

mLEMoZ.gif

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

We need to get into the habit of making any kind of money off the academy products that aren’t going to make the grade. It’s a good money spinner if your academy can produce players of a half-decent standard regularly. £5 million isn’t much in the grand scheme of things but it’s pure profit off a player you’ve brought through the system. It’s something Ashworth got rolling at Brighton of all places so I imagine that’ll be the plan here too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Hope @LondonBlueis happy.  Class team, hope that dents horse head's team now.

I'd be lying if i said i wasn't happy, I'd also be lying if i said i wasn't bottling it when Chris Woods got that free header early doors. That could have changed the whole day. Might have been an expensive day for us though. Both central defenders injured. We could be without Walker, Stones, Dias and Laporte mid week, That leaves us Ake who seems to be the shortest central defender in the world, Zinchenko who's really a number 10 and Cancelo who's not bad to be fair.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We need to get into the habit of making any kind of money off the academy products that aren’t going to make the grade. It’s a good money spinner if your academy can produce players of a half-decent standard regularly. £5 million isn’t much in the grand scheme of things but it’s pure profit off a player you’ve brought through the system. It’s something Ashworth got rolling at Brighton of all places so I imagine that’ll be the plan here too.

Pretty much this. In an ideal world you'd have youngsters having cameo's at the end of matches/early cup rounds, let the media talking head wanks talk about their potential then flog them on. In the 90's MOTD was pretty much a Liverpool promoting venture with Hanson and Lawro bigging up every up and comer, ditto with Sky and Man Utd. They could flog on most fringe and youth players no bother. Granted that's a huge over simplification and can't come into fruition over a year but with FFP reigning us in every part of the set-up has to earn money.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, a cup final would be fucking mint. 

Winning the fucker would have me doing a He-man :lol:

mLEMoZ.gif

That's Prince Adam mate, but now that you mention it he does look a little similar to wor He-Man. 🤔

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

That writer must be a footballing genius to work out Newcastle would be better if they had home grown wunderkinds. I’m surprised football clubs around the world aren’t breaking down his door to get insights like that. 

• Haha 8

11 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

I'd be lying if i said i wasn't happy, I'd also be lying if i said i wasn't bottling it when Chris Woods got that free header early doors. That could have changed the whole day. Might have been an expensive day for us though. Both central defenders injured. We could be without Walker, Stones, Dias and Laporte mid week, That leaves us Ake who seems to be the shortest central defender in the world, Zinchenko who's really a number 10 and Cancelo who's not bad to be fair.

It's in your hands really. We did our part and rolled over for you, next season, when we meet in the Semi's of the FA or League Cup, we expect the same back. The night of the match, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps.

• Haha 1

Nowt too much to get upset over yesterday for me. Totally outclassed by a quality team.

At least we are safe and can look forward to better players and better things next year.

Thank God for some of those really unexpected wins.

Now looking forward to a good game against Arsenal to Finish the home season off in style. Hopefully Trips and Wilson start and Howe can magic up a team that doesn’t include Longstaff.

Well done Edwardo.

27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's in your hands really. We did our part and rolled over for you, next season, when we meet in the Semi's of the FA or League Cup, we expect the same back. The night of the match, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps.

Yes it will definitely be more even in the future. For a start i doubt our post Pep era will look anything like this. I am a bit jealous of you guys. The excitement of the obvious growth, transfers, etc. FFP is meant to slow your roll but thats all it can really do, slow it. It will take you a while to stop looking out for the 40 point barrier. Each season you'll hit it sooner 🙂. Our last 3 games will be tougher than they should have been due to a defensive crisis ( Wolves-A, West Ham-A, Villa-H )

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Nowt too much to get upset over yesterday for me. Totally outclassed by a quality team.

At least we are safe and can look forward to better players and better things next year.

Thank God for some of those really unexpected wins.

Now looking forward to a good game against Arsenal to Finish the home season off in style. Hopefully Trips and Wilson start and Howe can magic up a team that doesn’t include Longstaff.

Well done Edwardo.

Does this mean, finally:

Fat Girl Gets Fit ...At Last — New sheets, laundered, sun dried and wind  blown....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Now looking forward to a good game against Arsenal to Finish the home season off in style. Hopefully Trips and Wilson start and Howe can magic up a team that doesn’t include Longstaff or ASM.

FYP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

Yes it will definitely be more even in the future. For a start i doubt our post Pep era will look anything like this. I am a bit jealous of you guys. The excitement of the obvious growth, transfers, etc. FFP is meant to slow your roll but thats all it can really do, slow it. It will take you a while to stop looking out for the 40 point barrier. Each season you'll hit it sooner 🙂. Our last 3 games will be tougher than they should have been due to a defensive crisis ( Wolves-A, West Ham-A, Villa-H )

To be honest, you could field a limp Ryvita and a bag of salad at the back, and you'd still be odds-on favourites to twat the three remaining teams. 

I like the down-playing of expectations from the ownership/management, and I think it's the best approach, BUT I'd love to peak into an alternative universe to see which superstars we threw oil-money at.

18 hours ago, NJS said:

Lascelles spreads chaos - not saying it would have been that different but he needs to go. 

100%. Whole backline is disorganised with him playing. Too slow in body and in mind.