Howe's It Gan Pet v Captain Scarlet wannabe, Playmobil Fam, Blood, Ya Get Me?

wykikitoon

33 minutes ago, Craig said:

Cracking photo of last night's display courtesy of @JawD

281336144_10163252992102355_4077737923514848200_n.thumb.jpg.1718cb9ef74aecfc026bfe55ee7975e8.jpg

Wor Flags promised something special & didn't dissapoint. I'd imagine the players got a massive lift walking out the tunnel to see that

• Like 1

Since the turn of the year, only Liverpool (25) have won more points at home in the Premier League than Newcastle United (22).

Dare to dream again

• Like 2

Just watched the whole game on TV. Wow! 

I obviously thought we played well last night but when you are sat so close to the pitch, you don’t get the best view of what’s going on.

Absolutely awesome displays all over the place. ASM getting rapturous applause every time he pulls off a pass :lol: 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A lot is made by the pundits about how Arsenal is a 'project' and a 'young team' The Avg age of that team yesterday was 24.5.  I would hardly call them nippers.

Its the youngest team in the league tbf. The oldest player in their squad is 30.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

This is what Shearer was getting at when he stated Mike Ashley got it spectacularly wrong. Can you ever have imagined Ashley getting involved in the celebrations like Staveley, Ghodoussi & Reuben have? Or that fat fuck Charnley for that matter. They don't demand the limelight but they sure as hell demonstrate we're all in this together. This club truly is 'united' once again. Boardroom, Dressing Room & Terraces .... fucking magic!

PS - I do wonder what thoughts were running through Baconator's heed yesterday evening. As a 'lifelong fan' of the club he must surely have been delighted but I bet he had a face like a bulldog chewing on a hornet, the bitter fuckstain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

but I bet he had a face like a bulldog chewing on a hornet, the bitter fuckstain.

In fairness to the wobbling bag of cholesterol, that’s just how he looks whether happy, sad, eating lard, or counting his rent. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

In fairness to the wobbling bag of cholesterol, that’s just how he looks whether happy, sad, eating lard, or counting his rent. 

Guarantee he is not happy how the season has progressed since he left though, despite his apparently adoration for the club.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

This is what Shearer was getting at when he stated Mike Ashley got it spectacularly wrong. Can you ever have imagined Ashley getting involved in the celebrations like Staveley, Ghodoussi & Reuben have? Or that fat fuck Charnley for that matter. They don't demand the limelight but they sure as hell demonstrate we're all in this together. This club truly is 'united' once again. Boardroom, Dressing Room & Terraces .... fucking magic!

PS - I do wonder what thoughts were running through Baconator's heed yesterday evening. As a 'lifelong fan' of the club he must surely have been delighted but I bet he had a face like a bulldog chewing on a hornet, the bitter fuckstain.

In all seriousness, I’ll bet he thought 

“ That should’ve been me there”. 

His delusion is as large as his appetites. 

• Like 2

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

In all seriousness, I’ll bet he thought 

“ That should’ve been me there”. 

His delusion is as large as his appetites. 

Yep - he'll be saying it's not fair he didn't get a crack at the transfer window in January. That said, whilst the acquisition of Bruno, Burn & Targett have had a reasonable impact on us, the majority of why the 2nd half of our season has been so tremendous is the emergence of existing players who have stepped up. Schar, Joelinton, Shelvey, Krafth, Fraser, Murphy, Almiron and Willock have all gone to a different level under Howe. The quality of coaching is key.

• Like 3

That’s probably the most satisfying part of this whole resurgence for me- the new lads played a part, but it was blindingly clear what had gone on under Bruce, when you see the wholesale change in the existing squad. 

Him holding out for his grubby pay-off was the absolute measure of the bloke. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I said for some time the reason the likes of Lascelles, Longstaff, Ritchie, Fraser etc had become so abject was they had been terribly mis-managed. At the time I did think my view was slightly prejudiced by the fact I despised Bruce so much but on reflection, I was absolutely right to think it. Whether it was as a result of Bruce being so shit or Howe being so brilliant, or a combination of the two is up for debate but Eddie has got those players doing things Steve couldn't. 

Still, it won't be his fault.....

• Like 3