n.u.s.t., is there any point in them?

thebrokendoll

20 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

just out of interest why did you assume the point of the thread was a jab at hurst? I never mentioned him at all. perhaps it's telling though that the mention of superfan would bring you that conclusion!  :)

I considered joining at the time a membership cost £1 annually but being as they'd already been at pain to point out that they weren't a protest group i decided it was too expensive. their recruitment drives however always seemed to coincide with whatever latest atrocity ashley had committed.

as far as communicating with their membership goes I obviously wouldn't know but I do occasionally look on their website and it appears to not having been updated since the time of their 2021 elections nearly a year ago other than a note to say they'd abandoned the 1892 pledge (not dated) and were working on how to donate the £200k raised to charity, something which appears to be taking a lot of mulling over!

as far as the pledge goes, I thought it was well meaning although the idea of raising £6m was fanciful at best and very possibly delusional, but when they do get round to handing out the donations it will at least have been worthwhile, so credit for that.

I'm gonna take a punt and guess their membership is on the decline (hence the topic) no doubt as a result of the takeover, especially from those who joined as a response to ashley being a cunt, although I could be wrong and they're beavering away on other projects I know nowt about as the only time I ever actually hear them mentioned now is when michael martin gives them a plug in his truefaith editorials.

as far as hurst's podcasts go, i've never listened to one, nor do i particularly want to. he does appear to be skysports and jamie carrigher's go to voice of newcastle so his self promotion appears to have done the trick. personally don't see much difference between him, wraith or the training ground stalker really, but there you go!  :)

I don't know the lad but he was close to me at the match a few years ago and was on his fucking phone quite a bit while the game was on. Whether he was filming, taking photos, checking bets or social media I've no idea? 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I don't know the lad but he was close to me at the match a few years ago and was on his fucking phone quite a bit while the game was on. Whether he was filming, taking photos, checking bets or social media I've no idea? 

probably just checking his Tory Geordie WhatsApp group :cuppa: 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

nah, he’s definitely got more about him than the other two mentioned :lol:

he seems quite a thoughtful bloke to me. I quite like his conversations with Emile, Norman and Charlotte. They’re proper fans who are capable of talking intelligently about  games - unlike all lot of their rival podcasts!

I am curious why you think he’s a Tory. Is it speculation or common knowledge?  

this is quite clearly him before he grew his beard.....

article-2311407-1957AAAF000005DC-357_634x740.jpg

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

michael martin using half his truefaith editorial to promote the worthless n.u.s.t., the bit about their meeting with richard masters made me want to vomit.

and how the fuck after 6 months since the winding up of the 1892 pledge have they still not distributed £200k to charity?

https://true-faith.co.uk/thru-black-white-eyes-forward-the-people-20-jun-2022/

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 4

I know the timing of the deal being waved through made it look like it was the piracy issue that was the difference but it was actually the meeting with NUST that made up the minds of the PL hierarchy 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

how the fuck after 6 months since the winding up of the 1892 pledge have they still not distributed £200k to charity?

I came on here pre-empting defending them (I thought the Sky Sports games boycott they arranged was great and had some top times at the Strawberry and Shark bar those days) - but yes exactly.. It's not like there is a shortage of worthy causes at the moment eh?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/06/2022 at 16:25, scoobos said:

I came on here pre-empting defending them (I thought the Sky Sports games boycott they arranged was great and had some top times at the Strawberry and Shark bar those days) - but yes exactly.. It's not like there is a shortage of worthy causes at the moment eh?

was it n.u.s.t. who tried to arrange the boycott of games? I thought it was a more militant group and n.u.s.t. have always stipulated they're not a protest organisation?

anyway....

2nd editorial in the space of 3 weeks in which michael martin has shamelessly plugged n.u.s.t., which of course is his perogative.
it's now 6 months exactly to the day since members voted to end the 1892 pledge and yet there's a deafening silence as to where £200k is headed.
there's people all over the north east on the bones of their arses during the current cost of living crisis never mind those who are desperately dependent on charities and yet NOWT has been headed their way.
you'd think martin would be keen to elaborate as to what the hold up is in the distribution of this by his heroes?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So who on here is a trust member? Were you or were you not consulted re loyalty points?… if that’s a no, he plainly means he asked the likes of blondie, Marc Corby and this Greg character??… 

I am and no

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I am and no

So he’s made that decision unilaterally. In the long run it probably didn’t make a lot of difference, I just think that away game points shouldn’t be taken into consideration for a cup final, that’s two different things. He’s decided that after speaking to his mates. Wtf else in the future is he going to have the shout on? If you or any of your mates are reading this Alex that’s fuckin nonsense on stilts 👍

• Like 3

Apart from his oozing charisma I couldn’t give a fuck what the trust thinks. And I haven’t even applied for tickets so I’m not pissed off at not getting one. How many trust members are there relative to the fans. I bet it’s insignificant even relative to regular match goers 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Apart from his oozing charisma I couldn’t give a fuck what the trust thinks. And I haven’t even applied for tickets so I’m not pissed off at not getting one. How many trust members are there relative to the fans. I bet it’s insignificant even relative to regular match goers 

they claim about 13,000 members. the vast majority recruited on the back of ashley sacking off benitez when they were offering lifetime memberships for a £1.

a truer reflection of their relevance now is the handful of people who showed up for their agm a couple of weeks ago in one of the function rooms at the ground.

the whole n.u.s.t./truefaith collaboration is a shockingly transparent method to get hurst in the limelight for his own gain.

far prefer wraith me and he's a cunt too.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

they claim about 13,000 members. the vast majority recruited on the back of ashley sacking off benitez when they were offering lifetime memberships for a £1.

a truer reflection of their relevance now is the handful of people who showed up for their agm a couple of weeks in one of the function rooms at the ground.

the whole n.u.s.t./truefaith collaboration is a shockingly transparent method to get hutst in the limelight for his own gain.

far prefer wraith me and he's a cunt too.

Didn’t know about the lifetime membership for a quid but that smacks of doing it purely to appear more influential than they actually are. There’s no other rationale for doing it tbh. How do you know if your membership still has the same contact details etc? You don’t, so it suggests (as does wyki’s comments) that they have no interest in consulting their membership on key issues. The poor man’s hairy cornflake 

Edited by Alex

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

So who on here is a trust member? Were you or were you not consulted re loyalty points?… if that’s a no, he plainly means he asked the likes of blondie, Marc Corby and this Greg character??… 

I am but don't read their emails so can't say whether I was consulted.  Clearly don't have any skin in this game, as I will be watching from Hobbiton. :smile:

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I am but don't read their emails so can't say whether I was consulted.  Clearly don't have any skin in this game, as I will be watching from Hobbiton. :smile:

Do you think we will win the precious ?

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Me, was a member of the nusc, let it lapse when I sussed nothing was happening, joined the nust for a lifetime for a quid and contributed a fiver a month to save the club or go to charity and charity it went to eventually. If I don't get any more feedback from them regarding my email I'll be sending another asking to be taken off their list. 

They do regularly send out stuff but mostly it's either stuff that's generally going on or the odd questionnaire with loaded questions suiting a certain demographic and although you're asked your status, the questions usually suit a ST holder and or those with points. Unlike the BD I don't particularly prefer Wraith and his mob but Hurst and co are as much a clique, (it's always going to happen tbh) as them. I haven't watched that video yet but I will when I get the chance.

I signed up for the lifetime membership under Ashley but it was obviously a ploy to inflate their numbers. I get the emails and invites to vote for election but haven’t bothered in years because I don’t really see the point of the trust anymore.

Regarding the criteria for tickets, I suppose the club wanted to be appear to consult the fans and in the absence of a fans forum then NUST were the easiest, and on the face of it, most legitimate group to talk to.

Whatever system they decided on was always going to leave some people unhappy. What might have been better is to look how other clubs have dealt with the situation in recent times. I’m not sure if the club’s system is much different.

Edited by ewerk