n.u.s.t., is there any point in them?

thebrokendoll

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Whatever system they decided on was always going to leave some people unhappy.

That's true but what really fucks me off is the lack of communication and transparency. So we were advised by the club if you want two seats together you will have to wait to apply using the mechanism of the fan who is qualified for the lower period. Additionally the club did not give out information on how the draw would be conducted (links didn't work on website and e-mail wouldn't clarify this). On the first point, this was a lie, or (according to the box office), they changed the rules half way through when they realised that minors had to be legally paired with a guardian, but just didn't bother telling anyone until it was too late. Cunts.  On the second point, I'm going to fully agree with David Kelly and say it makes no fucking sense to reserve allocations to lower periods, I just can't get the logic of this. If in principle you think it's fair that fans should be stratified on "loyalty", however you choose to define that, then just fucking do it. Don't let a situation arise as has with us where someone who has been a ST holder for >20 years and clocked up 60 away games, and been to 2 of the home cup matches, ends up with no tickets. That's just not fair. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Renton said:

That's true but what really fucks me off is the lack of communication and transparency. So we were advised by the club if you want two seats together you will have to wait to apply using the mechanism of the fan who is qualified for the lower period. Additionally the club did not give out information on how the draw would be conducted (links didn't work on website and e-mail wouldn't clarify this). On the first point, this was a lie, or (according to the box office), they changed the rules half way through when they realised that minors had to be legally paired with a guardian, but just didn't bother telling anyone until it was too late. Cunts.  On the second point, I'm going to fully agree with David Kelly and say it makes no fucking sense to reserve allocations to lower periods, I just can't get the logic of this. If in principle you think it's fair that fans should be stratified on "loyalty", however you choose to define that, then just fucking do it. Don't let a situation arise as has with us where someone who has been a ST holder for >20 years and clocked up 60 away games, and been to 2 of the home cup matches, ends up with no tickets. That's just not fair. 

Couldn't agree more.

Final nail in the coffin and kick in the teeth was getting the season ticket renewal email the same day...

Savage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by loonyTOON
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

@Howmanheyman

mildly intrigued enough to see if I could find the contents of alex hugh magill hurst and the truefaith cartel's survey on ticketing issues but can't find it anywhere. assume it must be for the eyes of members only?

would you mind hoying it up?

don't worry though if it means you'd be ostracised by the trust, I wouldn't wish a fate like that on anyone!  :)

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

@Howmanheyman

mildly intrigued enough to see if I could find the contents of alex hugh magill hurst and the truefaith cartel's survey on ticketing issues but can't find it anywhere. assume it must be for the eyes of members only?

would you mind hoying it up?

don't worry though if it means you'd be ostracised by the trust, I wouldn't wish a fate like that on anyone!  :)

Screenshot_20230315-201420__01.thumb.jpg.cc846a7d8fa67997bb47204b42360c99.jpg

Screenshot_20230315-201430__01.thumb.jpg.d0df97ace923a7ca5ec79e78a60dd7aa.jpg

Screenshot_20230315-201443__01.thumb.jpg.de67276daf83cb14ad27f0ebf5b604ba.jpg

That was it. As normal fuck all to concern the lower castes. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That was it. As normal fuck all to concern the lower castes. 

nice one, cheers mate. aye you're right that's shite.

might do to a little questionnaire of my own to n.u.s.t., on some more pertinent matters under the pretence of joining, assuming of course they'll answer any queries of a non member!

now's probably as good a time as any seeing as they've got some competition for my affections from mad dazza curry and the north shields bad boys massive.

failing that, I'm thinking of setting up 'the cotswolds popular front of not even being remotely close to being a superfan party' if you'd like to join?  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

nice one, cheers mate. aye you're right that's shite.

might do to a little questionnaire of my own to n.u.s.t., on some more pertinent matters under the pretence of joining, assuming of course they'll answer any queries of a non member!

now's probably as good a time as any seeing as they've got some competition for my affections from mad dazza curry and the north shields bad boys massive.

failing that, I'm thinking of setting up 'the cotswolds popular front of not even being remotely close to being a superfan party' if you'd like to join?  :)

I've got my own group, BD. It's the  Unpopular Opinion front of Walker. :good:

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've got my own group, BD. It's the  Unpopular Opinion front of Walker. :good:

I'd join that mate, how far do you cast your net for membership?

@PaddockLad, @Renton etc,

any of you remember when it was that the option to purchase an extra ticket was added to the season ticket package?

16 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

No :cuppa: 

:lol:

you're not alone mate. i rang the club this morning to make some enquiries and the women i spoke to got quite defensive about it. claimed as far as she was aware in the 11  years she'd worked there NUFC had always had a policy of allowing a season ticket holders the option of buying an extra ticket for family and friends. she might well be right, but im fucked if i can remember it ever being the case pre-ashley or at the time i chuckecd mine in. in fairness to her she suggested i contact sarah metcalf who apparently is head of supporter services, she isn't customer facing and can only be emailed.  i might get round to it but at the moment i'm deep in the throes of drafting an email to hurst and his mates at n.u.s.t. for their thoughts on the matter, am doing so with a smile on me face anticipating their response if indeed i get one! at the end of the day n.u.s.t. claim to be representative of all categories of support, be they season ticket holders, memebers, non memebers and supporters from overseas. like @Howmanheyman says though, i suspect they're not.

at clubs where demand for tickets is high, season ticket holders reserve their seat only, fucks sake i had a look on arsenal's website and they offer 3 different membership deals by way of securing tickets, the platinum one in parfticular being extortionate! i'm not advocating owt like that mind but clearly we've got ticketing issues far beyond that joke survey n.u.s.t. sent out. or get that gallowgate extension knocked up sharpish!  :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

:lol:

you're not alone mate. i rang the club this morning to make some enquiries and the women i spoke to got quite defensive about it. claimed as far as she was aware in the 11  years she'd worked there NUFC had always had a policy of allowing a season ticket holders the option of buying an extra ticket for family and friends. she might well be right, but im fucked if i can remember it ever being the case pre-ashley or at the time i chuckecd mine in. in fairness to her she suggested i contact sarah metcalf who apparently is head of supporter services, she isn't customer facing and can only be emailed.  i might get round to it but at the moment i'm deep in the throes of drafting an email to hurst and his mates at n.u.s.t. for their thoughts on the matter, am doing so with a smile on me face anticipating their response if indeed i get one! at the end of the day n.u.s.t. claim to be representative of all categories of support, be they season ticket holders, memebers, non memebers and supporters from overseas. like @Howmanheyman says though, i suspect they're not.

at clubs where demand for tickets is high, season ticket holders reserve their seat only, fucks sake i had a look on arsenal's website and they offer 3 different membership deals by way of securing tickets, the platinum one in parfticular being extortionate! i'm not advocating owt like that mind but clearly we've got ticketing issues far beyond that joke survey n.u.s.t. sent out. or get that gallowgate extension knocked up sharpish!  :)

Might get more joy emailing NUFC.com

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

i might get round to it but at the moment i'm deep in the throes of drafting an email to hurst and his mates at n.u.s.t. for their thoughts on the matter, am doing so with a smile on me face anticipating their response if indeed i get one!

How....Tory boy. Got some questions for yaz....

Working Jim Carrey GIF

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 3