22/23 Fixtures

Lads looking abit of info please. Im organising to go over to the away game against Liverpool on Wednesday 31st Aug. I have a few mates who have Liverpool season tickets so will be able to get in that way but would prefer to be in the away section. I dont have a Newcastle season ticket so is it possible to get an away ticket? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Excel is pretty rank as a programming tool like but it's fairly universal in my field. Error checking is a right ball ache, For the simple stuff you do, it's fine. 

Interesting, Jimmy. Do you use it to make maps of the hospital corridors? 

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Sick of people trying to run projects with it, learn kanban fuckers

Why in the fuck are people using Excel for that? 

That sounds like a PP rather than an EP though.

36 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Sick of people trying to run projects with it, learn kanban fuckers

Agreed although thankfully I've never come across someone who's tried to use it for that. I imagine they're the same level of turds who use powerpoint as a CAD solution. 

Kanban is great, but it needs to be an organisation-wide culture else it fails.

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Interesting, Jimmy. Do you use it to make maps of the hospital corridors? 

Naah, complicated economic models incorporating probabilistic sensitivity analysis, things like that. If you've got one error somewghere embedded in several dozen worksheets, it fucks everything and is almost impossible to find. 

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

Agreed although thankfully I've never come across someone who's tried to use it for that. I imagine they're the same level of turds who use powerpoint as a CAD solution. 

Kanban is great, but it needs to be an organisation-wide culture else it fails.

As a Scrum Master I couldn’t agree more.

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

Naah, complicated economic models incorporating probabilistic sensitivity analysis, things like that. If you've got one error somewghere embedded in several dozen worksheets, it fucks everything and is almost impossible to find. 

Ah right, I see your problem. I get around this by simply not making errors. 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I wonder when I’ll get out of the habit of instantly looking at the relegation run in :lol: 

When it's the Title run in?

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I wonder when I’ll get out of the habit of instantly looking at the relegation run in :lol: 

In all the years I've been supporting I've always looked up fixtures in this order:

- Opening Day

- Final Day

- Boxing Day
- New Years Day
- Mackems (if they're in our division)
- Top 4/6 teams from previous season.

The rest is just meh .... and that includes the likes of Villa & Everton :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Have the 'top 6' got their wish if not having a hard game near the WC? 

No, we have Chelsea at home two days before the break, but have a fairly easy run in before that 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Have the 'top 6' got their wish if not having a hard game near the WC? 

5th November

Chelsea v Arsenal

Spurs v Liverpool

Thank fuck those "leaked" fixtures were pure bollocks. They had us playing all the top sides in the first month or so. The actual fixtures are much more manageable, with the three match run of Citeh at home and Wolves and Liverpool away the only real ball aching run until November. As for the office software discussion I had no idea there was such a thing as a scrum master 😂 so you learn something new everyday. 

Edited by Polarboy

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Thank fuck those "leaked" fixtures were pure bollocks. They had us playing all the top sides in the first month or so. The actual fixtures are much more manageable, with the three match run of Citeh at home and Wolves and Liverpool away the only real ball aching run until November. As for the office software discussion I had no idea there was such a thing as a scrum master 😂 so you learn something new everyday. 

Got to give the techies who are shite something to do, invariably someone with their tongue up a directors arse and usually wankers full of their own importance. No offence KCG, probably a decent one somewhere.

11 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Got to give the techies who are shite something to do, invariably someone with their tongue up a directors arse and usually wankers full of their own importance. No offence KCG, probably a decent one somewhere.

If you had a clue what you were talking about I might take offence but I still get £500 a day so hey ho.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Scrum master II is all the rage these days.  Also, you need someone to explain/blame when all those data science projects fail to deliver. 

I'm been promising myself for a while to lay-off Excel and give something like PowerBI a go for things like dashboards. There's always one reason or the other you keep coming back to Excel, the thing is universal for a reason. Also, finance people hate change and are sick enough of their lives to add learning a new software in the mix. 

• Haha 1

Found myself going straight to the last couple of months of the fixtures before realizing we don't need to worry about who we're playing on the last day anymore :lol: Wonder how long before the Ashley era trauma subsides 

5 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If you had a clue what you were talking about I might take offence but I still get £500 a day so hey ho.

Seems you have corroborated my views 😛 

Thick end of 30 years IT Project and Programme Management experience, but aye I don't have a scooby. Should have been paid way more as mainly worked with yanks, there should be a "suffering yanks" allowance.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Seems you have corroborated my views 😛 

Thick end of 30 years IT Project and Programme Management experience, but aye I don't have a scooby. Should have been paid way more as mainly worked with yanks, there should be a "suffering yanks" allowance.

I imagine being a project manager now is like it was being a typesetter when computers were introduced.

Pancrate/cake 2022 remix

The fixtures came out 

I had a glance,

Excel, excel,

Scabs at home 

We have a chance,

Excel, excel.

The fixtures came out 

I had a glance

Excel, kanban, all holding sway 

and £500 a day but ah divven knaa what kanban is.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Inside or outside of IR35? - if you knew what you were talking about,  you'd not be doing scrum with Agile anymore ,like the true agile Jedis. 😜

(I don't do project management on Excel) but at least you can do timeframes, iteration and produce quality , rather than broken features more easily without Kanban and bloody Scrum... An hour of productivity lost every day in most places.

just being a cnut here tho, cos something about that post seemed a little too smug for a Scrum Master backing kanban on a football forum.

Edited by scoobos