Why Nick Pope will start over Martin Dubravka for Newcastle United

Hey everyone, hope you've been having a great week so far. I shared a couple of videos about Bruno Guimaraes and Hugo Ekitike recently and was asked by a Newcastle supporter to make on comparing Nick Pope and Martin Dubravka today. I rate both of them highly but firmly believe the former is more suited to the style of football Eddie Howe is setting out to play. I'd love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have (although you'll obviously have a much better understanding of Dubravka than I do) for those interested. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAtLwkdt1w

Edited by Footywithuti
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Footywithuti said:

Hey everyone, hope you've been having a great week so far. I shared a couple of videos about Bruno Guimaraes and Hugo Ekitike recently and was asked by a Newcastle supporter to make on comparing Nick Pope and Martin Dubravka today. I rate both of them highly but firmly believe the former is more suited to the style of football Eddie Howe is setting out to play. I'd love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have (although you'll obviously have a much better understanding of Dubravka than I do) for those interested. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAtLwkdt1w

that's a decent analysis. i've seen far worse youtubers out there with bigger followings. you have a nice relaxed style on camera. 

only thing i'd say is you flash stats on and off screen without giving enough time to actually read them. also, your editing is a bit lord privy seals - you don't have to cut to something the second you say it. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that's a decent analysis. i've seen far worse youtubers out there with bigger followings. you have a nice relaxed style on camera. 

only thing i'd say is you flash stats on and off screen without giving enough time to actually read them. also, your editing is a bit lord privy seals - you don't have to cut to something the second you say it. 

You say this as if you’re someone with experience of producing videos… 

1563fdcdd1a1be8d806575f2b7950c11.gif

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You say this as if you’re someone with experience of producing videos… 

1563fdcdd1a1be8d806575f2b7950c11.gif

are you ready for the gloom toon report? it's an xG xA xBS bonanza 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

are you ready for the gloom toon report? it's an xG xA xBS bonanza 

I’ve liked, I’ve subscribed, I’ve lubed and I’m ready. 
Give me both barrels. 
sosig-sausage.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I take it “lord privy seals” editing is a technical term? :D

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

yeah, it's from the classic frost report vid i posted 

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It must be an english one because down here in the colonies it's just called slow the fuck down!

Can I just point out that for all the "cutaways" and "overlaying" our latest youtuber still needed to have the worst jump cut to correct/make concise his video. FFS man, just move your overlay to cover the jump cut in your 100% and that way you will look a little less of a bourke!

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

It must be an english one because down here in the colonies it's just called slow the fuck down!

Can I just point out that for all the "cutaways" and "overlaying" our latest youtuber still needed to have the worst jump cut to correct/make concise his video. FFS man, just move your overlay to cover the jump cut in your 100% and that way you will look a little less of a bourke!

🤓

As an England fan, as soon as you said "Ramsdale his likely deputy" you've lost me. No he isnt.. Pope has his 8 caps and Ramsdale's played 2 or maybe 3 times and being shocking in 1 of those. 

If Howe's shown anything last season, its that he expects people to "break into" the team, not place them straight in and drop the usual 1st team player. Look to Lascelles for a good example.

Good analysis of positional play though.

Edited by scoobos

Actually having some decent pre-season games will give them both a chance of starting the season in goals IMO. Dubravka will be favourite but if Pope impresses it won't be a shock for him to start. It's a nice problem to have. Darlow did have some good performances but always to me felt like he was lacking in maturity. I picked on his fitness a bit but I think thay Rob Elliott was the best deputy keeper we've had of late.