Sven Botman

wykikitoon

53 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

People seem to be losing their shit that there's been no 'official' announcement over him.  Despite there being one :lol: 

Fucking hell, YOU'RE not daring to criticise people for losing their shit, are you? :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Club Twittist-“ So Sven, we want you to walk up a dark corridor, naked, then put the shirt on, whilst we film it all from behind… ok?”

SAB… “ You guysh know Sven Adult Botman is jusht a nickname, don’t you?” 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Lots of "like I said" in that interview. Think he's trying to tell us something about Casey's ITK credentials. 

Lot of repititive questions too. The guy mentioned like 5 times how excited he is to play in the Premier League before the interviewer asks him the very question, have some backup material ffs :lol: 

Seems like a good rounded lad, humble but clearly ambitious. They really do seems to be recruiting a particular type of character and its brilliant.

Bugger off Ekitike :finger:   

• Like 1

Quite why we make these poor lads answer 10 minutes of mind-numbing questions in their second language is beyond me. I know the Dutch speak better English than we do but still. At least this new interviewer is a bit better spoken than Danny Drone who used to do them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Quite why we make these poor lads answer 10 minutes of mind-numbing questions in their second language is beyond me. I know the Dutch speak better English than we do but still. At least this new interviewer is a bit better spoken than Danny Drone who used to do them

What made me laugh is he mentioned the 'crazy fans' about 5 times then the guy asks 'what do you know about the fans here' ffs you spanner, fucking listen to the lad. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

What made me laugh is he mentioned the 'crazy fans' about 5 times then the guy asks 'what do you know about the fans here' ffs you spanner, fucking listen to the lad. 

Must. Not. Deviate. From. Prepared. Questions 

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:nufc:

“I read a lot in the newspaper that said ‘where is he going, Newcastle or Milan?”

“When I was in the season with Lille, I was just playing and thinking it will come later. In the meantime, the clubs discussed with Lille as well and after the season, I just wanted Newcastle. That was the choice.”

“I am just grateful. I’ll try to do my best on the pitch. When this kind of club comes to you, you know Lille isn’t your end destination – and you can make another step. It gives you confidence and that’s nice.”

“Every team is getting the best players. Newcastle isn’t just a club who is playing in the Premier League – and seeing what happens.

“They have a strict plan. They want to reach the top – and that’s something that really attracts me. I want to help Newcastle with the goals they have.”

“I think it isn’t possible to do it one season, but, in steps, we’ll get there.”

“I’m here at Newcastle, so I hope in three or four years I’m playing in Europe with Newcastle – and we’re a club who people always believe can finish in the top six.

“A lot needs to be done by myself and the club, but, with time, we’ll get there.”

• Like 1

Wants to be part of the project as opposed to being a beneficiary of it. That's why the likes of Botman are shrewd purchases and the likes of Ekitike are dodged bullets. 

Edited by Craig
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

When he tracked back last night and blocked that effort.  The kid can read a game.  No panic. 

He's showing the potential to be the best reader of the game we've had since Woodgate. He's the real deal for me, one of the best purchases of the summer window.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Craig said:

Some of our ‘so called’ fans are utter dickheads

He's looked a little dodgy but it's really nothing to be worried about at this point. He'll find his feet and be fucking class.