Sven Botman

wykikitoon

2 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

He's looked a little dodgy but it's really nothing to be worried about at this point. He'll find his feet and be fucking class.

Fuck sake man, the blokes had 2 Premier League matches so far.

One against the Champions and one in which we didn’t concede.

Theres gonna be some right fannies out there as our stock rises.

“Fuck me, only one goal per game, I’m a little underwhelmed/disappointed with that new centre forward.”

“Aye and that new winger looks very poor, he only made 3 assists on Saturday”

“Aye and that defender looked a little dodgy, fancy being part of a defence that conceded three against the likes of Man Citeh”

Edited by Dougle
Edited to also bold the other fucking stupid bit.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Dougle said:

“Fuck me, only one goal per game, I’m a little underwhelmed/disappointed with that new centre forward.”

“Aye and that defender looked a little dodgy, fancy being part of a defence that conceded three against the likes of Man Citeh”

You're making up stuff and getting angry at it. My dad would do that but he was brought up in the 60s care system. What's yer poison?

• Jaysus... 1

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

Can't wait for the meltdown when we lose our first Champions League semifinal. 

:CT: 

• Haha 4

The way he reads a game is mint.  Ideally he would have had a few more games to bed in.  But he's slotted in well.

VVD when he signed for Liverpool it took him a while to adjust and he had Prem experience. But now look at him.  Well, maybe not this season LOLS

• Haha 2

It'll take a while to get the partnerships right. Bear in mind this is largely a new defence. If we think our first choice defence is; Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Targett, none of these players played with each other 10 months ago. Relationships and partnerships will take time. For Botman he's also got to grow accustomed to the league, and he's only a young player too. 

• Like 1

Agree that Burn absolutely does not deserve dropping but it might just be a case of rotation, especially if we expect to give the cups a decent run. As we are set up at the moment, we have 4 good options across 3 positions in defence. Surely we can make that work.

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Think we'll need to play Targett v Liverpool. His lower centre of gravity might be able to cope with Salah a bit better.

He didn't do much v Bournemouth so think we will be right 😂

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It's harsh to drop Burn as I don't think Burn has put a foot wrong.  But like what was said in the True Faith poddy, Botman is a better passer than Burn and v Bournemouth that's what we needed.

It wasn't the passing that was the problem, it was our inability to play through the low block. And when we did break through their lines, Almiron and fraser were failing to put decent crosses/final balls in. Agains that kind of set up we need someone like ASM to do the unexpected, or for Bruno to be at full match sharpness to thread balls through. Botman's ability to get the ball quickly to Willock, Bruno or Joelinton isn't going to break an embedded defensive unit. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Jamie RedCrapp did mention he could be as good as any defender in the PL.

the more these players stay in under the radar the better. I can't believe he can't get in the holland squad. Rolls Royce.

Edited by Holden McGroin