Sven Botman

wykikitoon

12 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Jamie RedCrapp did mention he could be as good as any defender in the PL.

the more these players stay in under the radar the better. I can't believe he can't get in the holland squad. Rolls Royce.

The netherlands are pretty well stocked at CB, but based on this season he's got to be in the squad at least.

He's fantastic like, nothing seems to faze him, reads the game so well, his passing is a joy to watch. You'd think he's been playing in this league for years. Can only help that Schar seems to be in the form of his life as well but Botman's the most talented CB we've had since Woodgate. 

• Like 3

He’s looked the business from day one.

I forget who but some belch whiff on here was rambling on about him needing to settle in, find his feet or some such bollocks after his first 3 or 4 games.

Not sure, but I think Brentford is the only game where he didn't win 100% of his aerial duels. But it's his composure and reading of the game that's most impressive.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

his passing was uncharacteristically sloppy, but his defending was as solid as always. 

burn looked like a centre half playing at left back on more than one occasion too. 

49 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

his passing was uncharacteristically sloppy, but his defending was as solid as always. 

burn looked like a centre half playing at left back on more than one occasion too. 

image.png.690a2c48cc6b57a001eda6214eb502ed.png

Passing % for the 4 defenders (Burn, Botman, Schar and Tripps)

Wonder if Joelinton's absence had anything to do with that pretty significant drop?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

That sounds suspiciously like something that could recur once he starts playing again :suicide:

I agree, when he comes back it's going to be a nightmare cringing/crossing fingers, every tackle he makes.

• Like 2