2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

23 minutes ago, Craig said:

The only person I have EVER heard use that phrase is my old man! 

Say it isn't so HMHM..... :lol:

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm afraid it's true. HMHM is your father. 

Gemmill's right, son. Fetch me slippers, man and get a bottle from the fridge for your old Da. :good:

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Some of his friends will at some point plainly have to “stage an intervention” :cuppa:

:lol: 

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Gemmill's right, son. Fetch me slippers, man and get a bottle from the fridge for your old Da. :good:

:lol: 

Foxtrot Oscar :lol:

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Getting back to Pearson, I'm sure he's harmless enough but wanting to watch him talk about NUFC would be like Einstein putting YouTube on to watch me talk about quantum physics. :cuppa:

Grandsons just been here (7) 

Loves him :lol: 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

More like Saudi Hair, amirite!

I suspect there’s more to this …

… call me a cinik. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

“The partnership will also feature a presence on the club's social media channels, with Dr. Cinik partnering to showcase Hair-Raising Momentsfrom seasons gone-by - paying homage to Newcastle United's recent history through exciting videos of iconic on-field action.”

:lol: ffs man

• Haha 1

On 02/09/2022 at 13:33, ewerk said:

“Financial fair play is still a concern,” the same source says. “It just means that commercially, we’re going to have to work twice as hard.”

Those guys weren’t joking.

There's a documentary on Netflix called Untold: Operation Flagrant Foul which is about an MBA referee from the early 2000s who was giving betting picks to the mob. Some were for games that he personally reffed, but some weren't. 

What's interesting is he'll talk about specific situations like "This game was being reffed by [ref's name] and I knew that he was friendly with the coach of Team A and that he'd had a big bust up with the coach of Team B the season before, so I knew he'd be going out of his way to give calls to Team A."

When you hear it being talked about in those terms, you realise how simple it would be for a similar situation to crop up here. Add to that the fact that there are basically zero consequences for blatant mistakes that cost teams results, and it makes it even worse. 

Anyway this doc is worth a watch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat