2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

On 07/09/2022 at 07:55, Gemmill said:

There's a documentary on Netflix called Untold: Operation Flagrant Foul which is about an MBA referee from the early 2000s who was giving betting picks to the mob. Some were for games that he personally reffed, but some weren't. 

What's interesting is he'll talk about specific situations like "This game was being reffed by [ref's name] and I knew that he was friendly with the coach of Team A and that he'd had a big bust up with the coach of Team B the season before, so I knew he'd be going out of his way to give calls to Team A."

When you hear it being talked about in those terms, you realise how simple it would be for a similar situation to crop up here. Add to that the fact that there are basically zero consequences for blatant mistakes that cost teams results, and it makes it even worse. 

Anyway this doc is worth a watch. 

Most of the Untold stuff is spot on to be fair. The stuff about the Mafia-owned Ice Hockey team was hilarious. (Crimes and Penalties)

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

If the game was in next 10 days I'd understand their point. It's over 5 weeks away and it's a bit naïve of them not to consider that Spurs v Newcastle was ripe for live broadcast and therefore subject to move. 

Complaining for the sake of it tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

If the game was in next 10 days I'd understand their point. It's over 5 weeks away and it's a bit naïve of them not to consider that Spurs v Newcastle was ripe for live broadcast and therefore subject to move. 

Complaining for the sake of it tbh. 

It was already moved, that's their point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

I know it was, but it's still over 5 weeks away. Plenty of time to rebook train tickets :lol:

If I'd booked travel and accommodation based on the game being changed to a later date I wouldn't be too impressed them changing it again. Not everything is transferrable including work holidays. 

• Like 1

If they've moved it once, it seems reasonable to me to assume that they'd have the necessary competence and forward planning to ensure that this was the final date that people could work around.

Moving it a second time is taking the piss tbh. Why would you assume that there'd be a second move? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If I'd booked travel and accommodation based on the game being changed to a later date I wouldn't be too impressed them changing it again. Not everything is transferrable including work holidays. 

Changing the date from a Saturday evening to a Sunday with 38 days notice is, I agree, frustrating. It's not a 'disgrace' as NUST are branding it.

The majority of employers, accommodation and transport would be open to transfer with that amount of notice. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking hell, Craig. :lol:

Your patter needs locking up. 

Seriously man, people calling the change of a fixture nearly 6 weeks away a 'disgrace' ... it's not my patter that needs locking up. Get some fucking perspective :lol:

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"I agree that it's frustrating, I'm just not sure that it quite has what it takes to clear the disgrace hurdle."

ARREST THIS PATTER! 

Fuck me, get your feather boa out, have a flounce and a minute's silence. :lol:

• Haha 3

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat