2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Doesn’t this 2.7 figure only come into play if Arsenal maintain current form though?It’s fairly obvious to me that on their current form we’d need to exceed what they’ve done so far to catch them and pass them seeing as we’re 7 points behind them and they’ve got a game in hand, which would be nigh on impossible for the current NUFC. We’ve both come to the same conclusion. Sorry if you and Dave need a spreadsheet for that :lol:

No. 2.7PpG reflects where we we need to get to to achieve 92pts, which has been the average for the title from the past 10 seasons. Maybe if you used a spreadsheet, you'd have worked that out for yourself ;)

The point being is that we're not on course for 92 points and to get on course for 92 pts, we'd basically need to maintain 13pts every 5 games (4 wins and a draw) for the rest of the season, which frankly isn't likely with our current squad depth and the fixtures we have remaining. 

I didn't think I'd need a spreadsheet to tell people on here that we're not in the title race, but apparently it needed spelling out. 

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Doesn’t this 2.7 figure only come into play if Arsenal maintain current form though?It’s fairly obvious to me that on their current form we’d need to exceed what they’ve done so far to catch them and pass them seeing as we’re 7 points behind them and they’ve got a game in hand, which would be nigh on impossible for the current NUFC. We’ve both come to the same conclusion. Sorry if you and Dave need a spreadsheet for that :lol:

Only one option remains here. I'm putting this GALAXY BRAIN on ignore. 

Stats don't take into account what fickle wankers Arsenal fans are, 2 defeats in a row and the rude boys will be baying for blud fam you feel, cheerled by that odious bastard Piers Morgan. Their start is impressive but it's brittle as fuck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MMXXVIII said:

Stats don't take into account what fickle wankers Arsenal fans are, 2 defeats in a row and the rude boys will be baying for blud fam you feel, cheerled by that odious bastard Piers Morgan. Their start is impressive but it's brittle as fuck.

exactamundo

there's a geordie behemoth coming up on the outside lane. we're dangerous for the same reason Leicester were when they won the title: we're unburdened by the weight of expectation because we're massively overachieving.

throw in the fact we're backed by a rejuvenated sjp and travelling support, our defence is meaner than any i've seen in my 4+ decades following the club, we have an unrivalled team spirit and are experts in the dark arts of "game management"/shithousery. 

the real test comes if we're still in touch around march/april. 

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No. 2.7PpG reflects where we we need to get to to achieve 92pts, which has been the average for the title from the past 10 seasons. Maybe if you used a spreadsheet, you'd have worked that out for yourself ;)

The point being is that we're not on course for 92 points and to get on course for 92 pts, we'd basically need to maintain 13pts every 5 games (4 wins and a draw) for the rest of the season, which frankly isn't likely with our current squad depth and the fixtures we have remaining. 

I didn't think I'd need a spreadsheet to tell people on here that we're not in the title race, but apparently it needed spelling out. 

First para, yes point taken, your post did appear on my screen this morning without context though :lol:

The rest is STBO . You need to realise I agree with you. Who you need to be having it out with is the likes of Gloom who thinks it’s on..

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Only one option remains here. I'm putting this GALAXY BRAIN on ignore. 

You know I still love you Gemma 😘

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

exactamundo

there's a geordie behemoth coming up on the outside lane. we're dangerous for the same reason Leicester were when they won the title: we're unburdened by the weight of expectation because we're massively overachieving.

throw in the fact we're backed by a rejuvenated sjp and travelling support, our defence is meaner than any i've seen in my 4+ decades following the club, we have an unrivalled team spirit and are experts in the dark arts of "game management"/shithousery. 

the real test comes if we're still in touch around march/april. 

Even then, you can bet fate will have a Thomas Gravesen high boot lined up for us.

eeyore_3_992af934.jpeg

• Haha 6

See Sherwood and Parlour picking heir teams of the season so far. 

Of our players, Sherwood picked:

Pope

Trippier 

Botman

Burn

Almiron

Parlour picked:

Trippier

Burn

Bruno

Almiron

Mad seeing all these Newcastle players making these pundit teams. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Arsenal were famed bottlers. Dunno if Arteta's Arsenal will be quite the same. Evidence so far this seasons says not. 

You can't bottle something until you almost have it, so we will see.   You can, however, get glassed at any time.  

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

First para, yes point taken, your post did appear on my screen this morning without context though :lol:

The rest is STBO . You need to realise I agree with you. Who you need to be having it out with is the likes of Gloom who thinks it’s on..

You know I still love you Gemma 😘

I've already bodied Gloom and CT, but you come for my stats and we're going to have words. Many, many words, way too many than is necessary. Long ones too. Like perpendicular, or stratospheric, or wang.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I've already bodied Gloom and CT, but you come for my stats and we're going to have words. Many, many words, way too many than is necessary. Long ones too. Like perpendicular, or stratospheric, or wang.

Your stats aren’t wrong, just unnecessary :D

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You’ll all love this, so will your line managers…

I got 59 in 20 mins…

5F7A7396-93F2-4CD8-8722-DCDC75ADC1EE.jpeg

I got this far...

BxbG1i.jpg

...then it took me fucking ages to get the last one.

Since spoiler tags don't seem to work on here any more, I'll wait before mentioning which one it was. It's quite funny though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I think I preferred Gloom when he was unreasonably pessimistic as opposed to unreasonably optimistic.

At least with the former, you stood a fair chance of him being happier than he thought. With this we'll need to put the fucker on suicide watch.

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

I think I preferred Gloom when he was unreasonably pessimistic as opposed to unreasonably optimistic.

At least with the former, you stood a fair chance of him being happier than he thought. With this we'll need to put the fucker on suicide watch.

I’m not being overly anything. I was pessimistic for the first two thirds of last season because we were bloody awful and looked destined for the drop - it wasn’t until the leeds/Villa games that we looked like we might turn it around.

this season I’m confident - again based on what we’ve seen on the pitch. We’ve been mostly brilliant, we’re the form team in the league and we aren’t scraping wins, we’re brushing the top teams aside, deservedly beating the likes of spurs and Chelsea. We arguably deserve to be on even more points. 

It could still go tits up but even if it does, it doesn’t matter. The worst case scenario is a top half finish, not relegation. 

Sexy Art GIF by Aya Murata 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I got this far...

BxbG1i.jpg

Since spoiler tags don't seem to work on here any more, I'll wait before mentioning which one it was. It's quite funny though...

Scotland? 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I got this far...

BxbG1i.jpg

That’s superb 👏👏

I couldn't get 5 of them, including a team that has played in the FIFA world cup 8 times!

There's only 1 that I'm annoyed I didn't get, the others can fuck off

I got them all in about 18 minutes but I was looking at a world map to help.

Have to admit there's countries who've been to a world cup that I'd never have guessed without looking at a map

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat