2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I couldn't get 5 of them, including a team that has played in the FIFA world cup 8 times!

There's only 1 that I'm annoyed I didn't get, the others can fuck off

There was a couple I was annoyed at. An obvious one and one involved in a notorious incident in the first World Cup I can remember (82) 

Edited by Alex

This bloke models projected final points after each game week. Worth a follow. 

Us (+12) and Arsenal (+15) are the big overachievers season to date. 

He has Man City winning the league on 88 points. 

Look at Liverpool - projected final points total is down 15 points. This has them finishing 3 points ahead of us, but I suspect that will change if our respective forms continue. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

This bloke models projected final points after each game week. Worth a follow. 

Us (+12) and Arsenal (+15) are the big overachievers season to date. 

He has Man City winning the league on 88 points. 

Look at Liverpool - projected final points total is down 15 points. This has them finishing 3 points ahead of us, but I suspect that will change if our respective forms continue. 

Not a bad effort, but the actual results will be about;

MC   83

NU   82

AR.   81

TOT. 76

MU.   75

LIV.   70

Sadly, this will see me lose my bet, but as he had about a 6 point diff between estimated points and actual points at this stage last year, I am hoping that I am also out a bit and we sneak ahead.

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not a bad effort, but the actual results will be about;

MC   83

NU   82

AR.   81

TOT. 76

MU.   75

LIV.   70

Sadly, this will see me lose my bet, but as he had about a 6 point diff between estimated points and actual points at this stage last year, I am hoping that I am also out a bit and we sneak ahead.

A CT prediction. I know what to do with these. 

dont-need-you-angry.gif

• Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

He’s right. Basically you’re getting an older, more disruptive Mitrovic for something in the region of £500k per FUCKING WEEK. Not a dig at either player in terms of what they can do but he’s a box player now who lacks the pace of his youth. Mitrovic represents much better value. Not that I think he’s what we need / want either. 

Murphy is spot on and he’s obviously watched us this season because Ronaldo doesn’t fit our style of play at all. For the same reasons Ten Hag doesn’t fancy him. 

The only way I could see him joining is if the Saudis intervened with a view to increasing the club’s global profile. If they continue to stay out of football matters and trust Eddie to build his team then it isn’t happening. 

Ronaldo just wouldn't fit into a Howe side for me on the grounds of attitude and self-importance. I can't see the Saudi's getting into the realms of making those sort of calls either. It'd put the future of Ashworth, Howe et al at serious risk.

• Like 1

Yeh he'd have the exact issues here as he's had during his second Man U spell. He wasn't brought in for football reasons but commercial. 

I doubt Solksjaer wanted him.

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat