2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

The Kuol signing kind of flew under the radar a bit and I expected him to start in the U23s when he joined. But given the kid has been getting minutes in the WC and looks half decent I wouldn't be surprised to see him in and around the match day squads for the second half of the season. And with Isak coming back too I'd imagine Wood's days are numbered after this season

• Like 1

I think when they signed him the plan was for him to go out on loan virtually as soon as he arrives. Can’t imagine him going from the World Cup to the under 23’s.

It was a bit surreal watching one of our 18 year olds playing in the World Cup and another who lives a few doors away, walking the dog :lol: 

12 hours ago, Toonpack said:

He may have to go out on loan, not sure how work permit will work out, WC appearances may help mind.

This.  Not sure that 3 caps (I think) will get him over the line with a work permit yet.  I think the idea is to loan him to a European side.  Hopefully, Shola won't be organising it, though.

They mentioned in commentary during Australia's first match that he'll almost certainly be loaned out to satisfy his work permit conditions.

Thank god for content like this, without it and just by watching the games I would never in a million years have realised how great Eddie is and how much we were getting better as a team. 

The graphical representation of our progress as a sideways map of Central America is just sublime.

image.png.e958799e6d980715132b7cab526d8e2f.png

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

And what cruel bastard is forcing you into clicking on a thread by a stats account and scan down to the fourth tweet in order to be offended?

No-one, someone retweeted the map and I was SOOOO grateful, I thought I'd share the joy.

• Haha 2

On 05/12/2022 at 15:04, Toonpack said:

Thank god for content like this, without it and just by watching the games I would never in a million years have realised how great Eddie is and how much we were getting better as a team. 

The graphical representation of our progress as a sideways map of Central America is just sublime.

image.png.e958799e6d980715132b7cab526d8e2f.png

I'd love you to describe how Eddie Howe has improved Newcastle as comprehensively, concisely and clearly as that thread. 

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat