2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

March televised games have been announced and all three of our matches are on telly. So that's our next 8 games all on the goggle box (or 9 if we get to the Carabao Cup final). Given our last 6 were all shown live that stretches this impressive run to 14 (or 15).

I love how much we are getting under people’s skin. Everton are welcome to this bigger club than Newcastle if it means something to them :lol: but sorry Jordan’s points are shite, the won things argument is decent but the counter point is the last time they won anything was 27 years ago? So basically any active player that remembers them winning it will be close to retirement, so let’s not pretend they’re overflowing with silverware. The whole “never been relegated” stuff is completely overstated, in that time in the PL they’ve achieved nothing they’ve finished 4th once and other than that have had a couple of spells in the Europe League, just loitering around the league doesn’t make them big. 

The point about our owners is weird, as that applies to every club in the league you’re whinging about fans saying they identify with their club again not about Newcastle. 

As I say I’m not bothered who is bigger, it’s irrelevant. To any current footballer we are the bigger draw and that’s what matters. 

• Like 4

Aye.  They can have that accolade. They no doubt think they are a bigger club than Leicester but I know who I’d rather have supported for the last decade or so 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

I assumed we were all okay to kip at Gloom’s?

All night after party back at mine. I’ll

break out the drum n bass classics on the decks if we win. 

CT’s on catering so let me know if you are coming in advance so we know how much Grossman’s bhuna sauce to order. I’ve got 50 gallons in my ocado basket just to be safe.

Chez is supplying the champagne in case anyone is feeling frisky late doors. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

All night after party back at mine. I’ll

break out the drum n bass classics on the decks if we win. 

CT’s on catering so let me know if you are coming in advance so we know how much Grossman’s bhuna sauce to order. I’ve got 50 gallons in my ocado basket just to be safe.

Chez is supplying the champagne in case anyone is feeling frisky late doors. 

On second thoughts, can anyone recommend a Travelodge?

• Haha 8

33 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I think we will see a huge change especially in commercial income 

How is it actually possible that our commercial income is nearly half of Leeds and less than 10% of Man City's? I know Charnley wasn't up to much but you have to think that commercial partners were at least approaching us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

How is it actually possible that our commercial income is nearly half of Leeds and less than 10% of Man City's? I know Charnley wasn't up to much but you have to think that commercial partners were at least approaching us.

Have to assume that a few were put off by thought of associating with both Sports Direct and a club with no ambition beyond survival?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Have to assume that a few were put off by thought of associating with both Sports Direct and a club with no ambition beyond survival?

It was a case of the absentee landlord. The clock stopped when he bought the club, people made redundant on the first relegation never replaced, barely ticking over. This is why the 'Eeeze a good businessman, Jeff' shite used to boil so many people's piss. 

(As well as the toxic atmosphere). :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It was a case of the absentee landlord. The clock stopped when he bought the club, people made redundant on the first relegation never replaced, barely ticking over. This is why the 'Eeeze a good businessman, Jeff' shite used to boil so many people's piss. 

(As well as the toxic atmosphere). :good:

It's like buying an empty shell of a football club. We have the bare minimum of infrastructure and income streams, a well below average stock of players but of course those we do have are all on long contracts and won't be easy to get rid of.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

On second thoughts, can anyone recommend a Travelodge?

Come on, it’ll be great. Meenzer has has even gone to the trouble to prepare a Eurovision through the years video montage to watch while the champagne enemas take effect. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's like buying an empty shell of a football club. We have the bare minimum of infrastructure and income streams, a well below average stock of players but of course those we do have are all on long contracts and won't be easy to get rid of.

I'd not be surprised if this was spun as an attractive prospect when PIF were convinced to buy us. Here's a blank canvas, few if any existing contracts and none that would be prohibitively expensive to get out of, a sandbox to build the business side of the club into the form you want. 

I stopped getting angry at Talksport about 15 years ago when it was clear they report from a position of shock factor to entice people to phone in an argue with them. 

What's ridiculous is the presenters contradict themselves show to show. You could probably splice a few clips of Jordan together and make it look like he's having an argument with himself. 

Objective reporting seems to be a dying art. They're no Peter Jones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Come on, it’ll be great. Meenzer has has even gone to the trouble to prepare a Eurovision through the years video montage to watch while the champagne enemas take effect. 

We'll need about 8 hours of footage, right? On it. :good: 

• Haha 4

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat