2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

36 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I know it's for the bin dippers but just seen this. Bremner the soft shit. 

img_1_1675114428353.jpg

Charity Shield wasn’t it? Both sent off in the aftermath iirc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

How didn't I know Nobby and Maradona played in the same team at Boca?

F95B1962-5DDD-494D-8C1B-01D1379F866C.jpeg.ee5a6f0bd6c7a63096afda17c2e44a81.jpeg

I seem to remember it being mentioned when we signed him. Also them being mates and Maradona rating him highly. Probably Alan Oliver with the ‘scoop’ in the Chronicle 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Everyone ragged Bremner 😆

6C794024-8E29-4D2D-A464-6015263B9D07.jpeg

Dave McKay did that because Bremner deliberately kicked his left leg which had been badly broken previously 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dave McKay did that because Bremner deliberately kicked his left leg which had been badly broken previously 

Aye McKay hated that pic, thought it showed him as a mere thug rather than one of the greatest players Scotland produced 👍

My old man used to run into that Spurs side round North Lomdon pubs in the 60s, he used to chat to McKay & John White, all from SE Scotland, all ex national servicemen, dad said they had a lot in common. White was killed by a lightning strike on a golf course at Muswell Hill a few years later at the peak of his career 

• Like 2

Watching what Chelsea have done in the last couple of windows, and comparing it with us, I think I would feel really uncomfortable if that was the way we were carrying on.

Firstly cos they're blatantly gaming the rules, and secondly cos it's such a massive gamble. Honestly it seems not far off 50:50 as to whether they end up back in the title race, or just on the edges of the CL spots but with an absolute desperate need to qualify every year. 

Am I being a fanny? Would others like to see us pull this shit? 

• Like 3

Screenshot_20230203-182730__01.thumb.jpg.4d7efcf7087e9fd274f9e5ecc8dd3615.jpg

Say you're a mackem without saying you're a mackem. Just seen the above and it's quite amusing as while Howe was supposedly blushing at that press conference by the 'recent suggestion' (It was her who 'suggested' it if you're not sure), that he was morphing into Simeone by employing dark arts, and she was getting what she thought was a subtle dig in, the laughter from everyone present was clearly audible at her question and I presume at her. Absolutely embarrassing moment for her if she's being honest with herself as it was so off kilter with the rest of the press conference. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Watching what Chelsea have done in the last couple of windows, and comparing it with us, I think I would feel really uncomfortable if that was the way we were carrying on.

Firstly cos they're blatantly gaming the rules, and secondly cos it's such a massive gamble. Honestly it seems not far off 50:50 as to whether they end up back in the title race, or just on the edges of the CL spots but with an absolute desperate need to qualify every year. 

if it was pre-ffp, I wouldn’t have been arsed. Man City and Chelsea did it that way so why not?

But as things stand, no. It’s a massive gamble, like you say. Hopefully one that comes back to haunt them. It’d be beautiful if they fail to make champions league the next few seasons and never recover from it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

If we'd started spending like this, the league would have convened a meeting and introduced new rules by tea time. 

It's the exceptionalism that gets me - I'm sure others including us could have done it but for them to do it with barely a shrugged shoulder seems wrong. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Still doing the tortuous purple prose too I see

Its absolutely fucking unreadable. I will happily hoover up content on us these days, theres fucking loads of it but I started reading that this morning and sacked it off by the end of that screenshot.

• Like 1

I was listening to the press conference when she asked about Simeoni. After everyone in the room finished laughing at her, Howe said something like that he'd only been to one or two Atleti sessions total and spent less than an hour in Simeoni's presence total. I took his response as a polite way of answering the question without calling her a dopey bitch. 

The question was unfathomably stupid. And far from being embarrassed, she perseveres and writes an article about the comparison (which exists only in her head). Wow!

• Like 2

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat