2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Interesting reading Caulkin and Waugh's latest on The Athletic where they mention that "a documentary is in the works". Presumably we're signing up for Amazon's All Or Nothing. 

Is it about bullying? 

In fairness hasn't Mendy been cleared. Not sure of the details or whether money has just talked in his case. Tragically rape is quite a difficult thing to prove in a court of law. Conversely I know someone who was falsely accused by a women who's accused 3 or 4 men and lost every case. It's become clear that she's literally doing it for the money which is about 20 grand regardless of the outcome of the trial. 

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Looking at our bench yesterday and we are easily at least 2 years ahead of where we should be by being in the champ league positions this season. The squad needs so much investment to get us achieving consistently.

Nailed it.  If we do qualify for CL its a double edged sword.  Positive is it brings in the revenue we need, it makes us more attractive to certain players and who doesn't love European nights.  On the negative if the squad isn't built for it, it can seriously hamper the league. Look at what happened to West Ham. 

• Like 4

My mate who's a Liverpool fan was banging on last week how they've hardly spent and even Newcastle now are spending loads.  So I did a look at spening over the MA years

To be fair to the dippers, they are 'sensible' spenders.  I.e they're no Chelsea or City.  They usually balance out in some way.  

So.  Over the last two years and including the Ashley years;

Liverpool Avg Net Spend = £33.65m a season.  Which for a team competing for what they have done you have to say is mega impressive

Nufc Avg Net Spend = £30.79m  This really surprised me.

Liverpool Avg Spend = £96m

NUFC Avg Spend = £58m

Liverpool Avg Income = £63m

NUFC Avg Income = £27m 

The latter showing that Ashley wasn't actually running it like a business.  

Liverpool over this time have spent over £100m in a transfer season 3 times.  Newcastle also 3 times (two in the last two season).

Without the new owners;

Liverpool Avg Net Spend = £30m

Nufc Avg Net Spend = £11m

Liverpool Avg Spend = £94m

NUFC Avg Spend = £43m

NUFC Avg Income = £31m 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

My mate who's a Liverpool fan was banging on last week how they've hardly spent and even Newcastle now are spending loads.  So I did a look at spening over the MA years

To be fair to the dippers, they are 'sensible' spenders.  I.e they're no Chelsea or City.  They usually balance out in some way.  

Liverpool Avg Net Spend = £33.65m a season.  Which for a team competing for what they have done you have to say is mega impressive

NUFC Avg Spend = £58m

NUFC Avg Income = £27m 

Liverpool over this time have spent over £100m in a transfer season 3 times.  Newcastle also 3 times (two in the last two season).

Without the new owners;

NUFC Avg Spend = £43m

NUFC Avg Income = £31m 

They started from a better position, with better players to sell on, it can make a big difference if you sell on a player like Bale or Suarez for mega bucks and can reinvest well. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

NUFC Avg Spend = £58m

NUFC Avg Income = £27m 

Without the new owners;

NUFC Avg Spend = £43m

NUFC Avg Income = £31m 

Has Dave hacked your account?

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

NUFC Avg Spend = £58m

NUFC Avg Income = £27m 

Without the new owners;

NUFC Avg Spend = £43m

NUFC Avg Income = £31m 

Ashley had to put in a bit of money more recently because of how thin and weak the squad was through lack of investment in the preceding years of his ownership, back when we were frequently winning the Balance Sheet Trophy.

• Like 1

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat