2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Does he say his pal sugar tits Bruce was wank manager? 

He managed to get his customary couple of digs in about how our budget is limited and the rest of the country take the piss out of Geordies 

• Like 2

On 22/05/2023 at 05:37, PaddockLad said:

“ Newcastle are shit “ part 7436 😏

Think the fuckin scouse cunt has forgotten Rangers and Celtic both played in the group stages this season 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh, like the Newcastle that finished above them despite losing to them twice? That calibre? How dogshit must they be then, the red happy clappy fake teeth Coutinho money wankers? 

• Haha 1

While Squires aimed his strip this week at Man City, we got a look in within the final panel :lol: He's sticking to the 'Death Star FC' theme which I have to admit I do get some amusement from:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2023/may/23/david-squires-on-manchester-city-winning-the-premier-league-again

Obviously he's gone for the simplest characterisation of the issue but he's a cartoonist after all..

Have to say mind, there really does seem to be a huge amount of fuss about City all of a sudden. Have these financial irregularities only shown up this year, or is it just that since they're about the win the CL, they've transformed from being an entity whose existence is built around trolling Man Utd, into an entity who are somehow threatening Liverpool's legacy as the greatest team in the world?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Have to say mind, there really does seem to be a huge amount of fuss about City all of a sudden. Have these financial irregularities only shown up this year, or is it just that since they're about the win the CL, they've transformed from being an entity whose existence is built around trolling Man Utd, into an entity who are somehow threatening Liverpool's legacy as the greatest team in the world?

The PL charges are new within the last few months. I don't know if there's just a fear from journos that they don't get caught on the wrong side of history with this one, so they're doing some flag raising now in advance of a treble being won that later has to be asterisked.

• Like 2

I honestly believe that 90% of the fan based drama on this stuff comes from the displaced big 6 clubs - raised on a steady diet of trophies and success, they're simply struggling to find football as enjoyable as an also-ran. That's the deal for most other club though, so they're going to have to get used to it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

canny read for the low block/double pivot fans 

This is like a Bat Signal for me.

• Haha 6

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat