2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

So the oil money has made it's way across the pond and to NBC now, a piece designed for the American football consumer who may hardly have heard of Newcastle in the last 15 years, but a nice watch nonetheless. 

Probably mentioned it here before but the American coverage has been a surprising breath of fresh air compared to what you usually get elsewhere (even in Asia it's mostly a ManU/Liverpool arse licking extravaganza).  

9 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

So the oil money has made it's way across the pond and to NBC now, a piece designed for the American football consumer who may hardly have heard of Newcastle in the last 15 years, but a nice watch nonetheless. 

Probably mentioned it here before but the American coverage has been a surprising breath of fresh air compared to what you usually get elsewhere (even in Asia it's mostly a ManU/Liverpool arse licking extravaganza).  

Video unavailable, aimaad. :sad:

Ah, it must be a regional thing, apologies. Funny how that works, I can access some of the Sky Youtube stuff from here but not all. Was hoping this would work.

This is a fairly damning assessment of an article published by a colleague by Caulkin.

Might as well have just roasted the bloke for the absolute shite he put in the article. 

• Like 2

Sounds like we’re rattling all the right cages but it’s obviously devastating not to be getting patronising pats on the head from the likes of Miller 

• Like 4

The guy is more than entitled to have his view tbh but I'm not sure where this idea that we as fans of NUFC give much of a toss about what anyone else thinks about it is coming from. Who gives a fuck if he and/or other neutrals don't like us anymore? I'd wager it was more pity than like anyway. If we're not that pitiable club anymore, good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

This is a fairly damning assessment of an article published by a colleague by Caulkin.

Might as well have just roasted the bloke for the absolute shite he put in the article. 

we were likeable when we weren’t any good. They’re not laughing now we’re a threat. Cry me a river 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

The guy is more than entitled to have his view tbh but I'm not sure where this idea that we as fans of NUFC give much of a toss about what anyone else thinks about it is coming from. Who gives a fuck if he and/or other neutrals don't like us anymore? I'd wager it was more pity than like anyway. If we're not that pitiable club anymore, good.

neutrals don’t like winners. Being unpopular with opposition fans shows we’re doing of right 

• Like 2

I think the best thing said on the subject was Shearer after the Arsenal away game when he said he was sick of going there and being patted on the head and thanked for the three points after yet another hiding and if they didn't like the fact that had changed they could do one. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

What a crock of shit that article is. 

‘We all used to like Newcastle because their owner was a cunt. Now we all hate Newcastle because their owner is a cunt’.

Can anyone spot what might be different this time round? Maybe what you really hate is the fact that we’re winning football matches.

And where’s this limitless supply of money he speaks of? I sure as shit haven’t seen it. We’ve had decent investment so far but we are still punching well above our weight on the field.

He bemoans our shithousing against Chelsea and Arsenal as small time. Well guess what? We beat Chelsea and got a point away to the league leaders.

Bitter prick.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What a crock of shit that article is. 

‘We all used to like Newcastle because their owner was a cunt. Now we all hate Newcastle because their owner is a cunt’.

Can anyone spot what might be different this time round? Maybe what you really hate is the fact that we’re winning football matches.

And where’s this limitless supply of money he speaks of? I sure as shit haven’t seen it. We’ve had decent investment so far but we are still punching well above our weight on the field.

He bemoans our shithousing against Chelsea and Arsenal as small time. Well guess what? We beat Chelsea and got a point away to the league leaders.

Bitter prick.

It was noticeable that when Arsenal did it to us it was a sign of their maturity and beating us at our game etc. I don’t mind Arsenal doing it and it’s absolutely what I’d want us to do in that situation. But the cake and eat it hypocrisy from a lot in the media is ridiculous 

• Like 4

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat