2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Just glancing at the table and Spurs getting that last minute equaliser did us a favour. Them and Brentford are ahead of us on GD. Liverpool will also leapfrog us if they win by at least 2 this evening. 

Our lack of firepower is clear for all to see but I think it's less about Wilson and more about the quality of delivery he's being provided. 

Another thing to note. Only 2 teams are yet to concede a goal this season - and they play each other on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

Just glancing at the table and Spurs getting that last minute equaliser did us a favour. Them and Brentford are ahead of us on GD. Liverpool will also leapfrog us if they win by at least 2 this evening. 

Our lack of firepower is clear for all to see but I think it's less about Wilson and more about the quality of delivery he's being provided. 

Another thing to note. Only 2 teams are yet to concede a goal this season - and they play each other on Sunday. 

hoping for a 1-0 win then. i can see city if they get an early goal, smashing us... 

For want of a better phrase, Man City are not the team we're doing battle with this season. Avoid injuries and red-cards, have some decent ball retention and keep the score line fairly respectable (below 3-0) and we shouldn't be too disheartened. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Craig said:

For want of a better phrase, Man City are not the team we're doing battle with this season. Avoid injuries and red-cards, have some decent ball retention and keep the score line fairly respectable (below 3-0) and we shouldn't be too disheartened. 

I was talking about something similar with a Man Utd mate. The teams that you'd expect us to be competing with (on paper) for final position have been dropping winnable points. Man Utd, Villa, West Ham, Wolves, and less so with Leicester, Everton.

Instead of beating Bournemouth or Fulham at home to get 3pts, they're going to have to identify teams where they wouldn't normally expect to pick up a win. Away to a midtable rival, home or away to an elite side. 

We've beaten a expected relegation outfit and drawn away at a midtable rival. Alls well. If we lose against Man City, I don't really care. More bothered about the Wolves game on the 28th. A draw or better there is a good result and keeps us ticking along quite nicely. If we're after c55pts and you disregard H/A against Liverpool and Man City, that leaves 34 games. Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs Away, 29 games. You essentially need 2pts a game from the remaining fixtures.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Agreed, although I would be happy with 50 

As an average over the past 30 PL seasons, that'd get you 10th. 54 would get you 8th. Since January 2022, we've hit 2PpG. If we can maintain between 1.7 and 2PpG, that'd give us 63-76pts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

As an average over the past 30 PL seasons, that'd get you 10th. 54 would get you 8th. Since January 2022, we've hit 2PpG. If we can maintain between 1.7 and 2PpG, that'd give us 63-76pts.

I could live with that too :smile:

That story about the end about the crockery and cheeseboards is pure Ashley. No wonder our commercial revenue dropped. Clubs are falling over themselves to provide top end experiences for corporate customers because it makes big money but Charnley couldn’t/wouldn’t even approve the purchase of a few plates.

17 hours ago, ewerk said:

That story about the end about the crockery and cheeseboards is pure Ashley. No wonder our commercial revenue dropped. Clubs are falling over themselves to provide top end experiences for corporate customers because it makes big money but Charnley couldn’t/wouldn’t even approve the purchase of a few plates.

Spurs have a cheese room, Ashley wouldn't even stump up for some fucking wooden planks.

• Haha 1

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat