2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

On 13/10/2022 at 20:48, Dr Gloom said:

it would still be, and would always remain, SJP so it doesn't make that much difference to me if it generates the cash we need

I agree. The truth is if we are aiming to compete at the highest level under the constraints of FFP then generating a sizeable passive income through this and other commercial means is necessary.

There's a massive difference between bringing in serious dineros and merely masquerading to bring more brand awareness for your own company.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Alex said:

Someone stick that on RTG 

Makes me think of a Brass Eye episode.

Here are the graphs. If you plot them against intelligence of all board members, an interesting thing begins to happen - the word SPORTSWASHED begins to flash.

Or something like that.

53 minutes ago, Craig said:

Trying to get my head around the fact Lee Clark is 50 today. I remember watching him play for England schools against Brazil at Roker Park.

I remember watching him at school swanning around in a big NUFC/Umbro coat as if he was the king. :lol:

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I remember watching him at school swanning around in a big NUFC/Umbro coat as if he was the king. :lol:

We all know there is only one king.

Manchester United Dancing GIF

• Haha 4

RTG analysis, incidentally, is that the Saudis are right, we belong to them and they can do what they want.. except that the club has actually taken our line, not the Saudi one.

It's not great to see that backlash though, reminds me of reading RTG itself before our takeover necessitated that they have to be "pro" most of the things that their politics thread reveals them to be "anti".

"Newcastle are already there," added Guardiola, whose City side are seeking a third consecutive Premier League title.

"I saw them against Tottenham. The central defenders went man to man against Kane and Son with no problem at all. 

"We played them in the third game of the season. Imagine this team playing one game a week? We know how good Eddie the manager is. 

"They have new players. They play brave. They are a contender to be there."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Granted, am only aware of this thanks to RTG and exile specifically, but this tweet seems to have caused a bit of a backlash amongst our new Saudi followers:

Honestly if you look at the replies to any big clubs rainbow/pride tweets you see the exact same, regardless of our ownership this is not unique to us.

• Like 5

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat